No announcement yet.

Control arm bush squeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So maybe it isn't the top bush as I've still got the squeak (it must have just hid for a while), but regardless...

This is photo of the front lower arm bush. Not looking very even. I'm assuming it's now allowing movement front to back under braking. Given the way it looks, is it stuffed?
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm also having trouble with some part numbers. Rockauto lists MB109662 as the bit for the lower control arm rear bush for the 1999 Montero, but partsouq lists MB633870. Normally when parts are interchangable this will be listed, but I'm finding no cross over with these parts wherever I've looked. So looking on the Febest auto-parts.com.au site, they only list the MB633870 for the gen2. Under MB109662 they have it for the gen1 pajero's only it seems.

Anyone happen to know of the same lower control arm rear bush fits between both gen1 and gen2?

Starting to be tempted to buy the Febest ones, but very iffy on the quality of them. Can find polyurethane here, but crazy prices and not sure I want the ride to be any harsher than what it is currently.
      Last edited by disco stu; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Stu: You have a NL, which is not necessarily a Gen 2. For starters, there is a body lift, and this may have some bearing on the parts design. I am not sure if the USA got the Gen 2.5, but you may be able to get an idea by comparing part numbers from models a few years earlier. If they differ, then they probably got the Gen2.5 as well. The difference was due to the body lift on the NL, allowing the use of the 5m31 manual transmission. When I had the NSW Mitsubishi rep looking at my NL, he told me that 85% of the parts on the NL were different from previous Pajeros. I can believe that, although most of the parts were probably in the engine area as they transitioned from the 3.0L to the 3.5 DOHC and then the 3.5SOHC engines.

Comment

Thanks erad. I found the right part number on rock auto by searching rather than the parts list for the car itself. I'll order that one. Pity is different warehouse than the other bits I need

I did find last night that the bush should be the same between all gen 2 including NL on amayama, but different on that bush to gen 1. The other one is the same for all

Comment

Can anyone tell me the mistubishi part number for the upper control arm bushes? Nothing on Partsouq or Amayama, the Febest site lists 2 for the upper arm, so I'm not sure which part number its meant to be

Comment

PAIR FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARMS FOR MITSUBISHI PAJERO NH NJ NK NL 1991-2000 LH+Rh | eBay

whitehillbilly

Comment

Thanks whitehillbillies

Was hoping to just find the bushes. It looks like it's either febest or poly for bushes only. I gather Mitsubishi intended to change the whole arms. that's why can't find part numbers

I've found poly bushes for $100 for the whole set. I think I'll go that way rather pressing in rubber for up there.

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
                  Thanks whitehillbillies

Was hoping to just find the bushes. It looks like it's either febest or poly for bushes only. I gather Mitsubishi intended to change the whole arms. that's why can't find part numbers

I've found poly bushes for $100 for the whole set. I think I'll go that way rather pressing in rubber for up there.
                  most poly bushes we have found fail pretty quick, if you cant get rubber we use the superpro ones. I had repco's poly bushes (rebranded nolathene according to my mate who worked there) and they disintegrated in 1000kms. my superpro that I replaced them with are still good after 40000kms
                  1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                  *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                  1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back AND 8 PSI of BOOOOOST

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans

Comment

I used poly bushes for the rear suspension of my Range Rover. I greased the mating surfaces before assembly and they lasted for years.

Comment

I was iffy about febest for the upper control arms given they don't have a stellar reputation, seem to be the only rubber ones I can find. Price was cheap on them though at $12.50 each, but pulled the trigger last night on White line poly for upper control arm and rear trailing arm to diff.

I'm trying febest for the other rear bushes but they were out of the trailing arm to diff that I needed. I figure they at least look easier to change on the rear than control arm if they chew out quickly.

Wonder if I should have just gone febest for the front given what you said stu. Time will tell on the whiteline. I'll check their warranty conditions, but I'm assuming it will include needing to be installed by factory trained yowies and lubricated only with unicorn poo or distilled easter bunny urine

Comment

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
                        Time will tell on the whiteline. I'll check their warranty conditions, but I'm assuming it will include needing to be installed by factory trained yowies and lubricated only with unicorn poo or distilled easter bunny urine
                        Stu, you forgot to mention the requirement for a dodge tide and new moon and whilst facing north!
                        Thanks for the morning chuckle

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Ha ha! How could I forget the conditions at installation time.

Warranty looks fairly tame actually, keep receipt, warranty for lifetime of product....which is not defined by them. Not sure how off road goes though, but if it lasts at least a few years I'll be happy I guess

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X