1998 nl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update.
    Topped up the AC gas, as was a bit low. It made no difference to the operation of the AC compressor or condenser fan.
    Bit more Investigating of the wiring side.

whitehillbilly

Comment

• Spent the Day sorting the AC issues.
      I rebuilt the Condenser Fan again with a New set of 12v brushes ( Twice the Thickness of the Makita ones Fitted) from my Local auto Electrical shop. A bit of Sanding required for neat fit.
      When pressing Disk down, I allowed a 35 thou (Imperial) gap..Tool for removing.
      Fan was reassembled and Put back In Jethro. Bridged the AC Condenser Fan Relay switch and I roared into Life.

whitehillbilly.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Next Job was to Track Down the AC/ECU. Looking the NL wiring Diagram colours and connections.
        Finally after removing the Glove Box and with a small torch found it above the Heater Box. Once removed and pulled apart the problem was easy to see.

whitehillbilly
        Attached Files

Comment

• After a clean Up with Metho and soft tooth Bush, hoping it might be sorted.
          Quick check for dry Joint and all looked OK
          Attached Files

Comment

• With fan and AC Switches On Had power going IN Green/Red wire. (Terminal 5)
            Nothing coming OUT Green/Yellow. (Terminal 1)
            But a Bridging wire between 5 and 1 in the back of the socket, saw the rpm pick up with the Condenser fan and AC Compressor cutting in.
            Attached Files

Comment

• So I soldered in a Bridging wire on the Back of the PCB Reassembled, and Now Everything works as It should. Compressor and Fan comes on when Fan and AC switch's are turned on. Stopping when Turned Off.
              Got a Lead on a Replacement part, local to me earlier This afternoon.
              Thanks.

whitehillbilly
              Attached Files

Comment

• There you go! What was that component in its past life? Almost looks like a fuse.

Wondering if you can just solder a new component in

Comment

• I Purchased a small 'PEN' Led Light It allowed me to Look Inside at the Possible Leaking RH Cam Seal, As the small top cover is missing. It all Looked quite Dry and Oil Free inside.
                  Another Discovery Today was 7 of the 12 Rocker Cover Bolts very Loose, not even Hand Tight ???? So nipped them up a bit.
                  See if that helps the Leaking.

whitehillbilly

Comment

• Hi Stu.
                    Did have a Number on it. Maybe a Fuse.
                    Have an Old Mate whose Business made PCB's for Lots of Companies.
                    Will Ask him when we Catch up again.

whitehillbilly

Comment

• Well done WhiteHillbilly. You bought a cheapie car, and if you take into account the value of your time (and ours I guess as well), it certainly would not be classified as a cheapie car any more. But you are getting there and will finish up with a good product. Again, well done.

Comment

• Thanks Erad.
                        Just need to Try and Get the LH 2 wheel drive dash light working, Rotate Tryes. Put back on Full Roof Rack and add my Old Awning , and all then Good.
                        Do Need to Replace Diff oils and ATM Fluid at some point in the Future. Next Service.
                        Do Know the Pajero a bit better than when I picked it Up.

whitehillbilly

Comment

• I replaced the 2WD lights on my NL. Sorry, I cannot remember how I did it, but it certainly wasn't difficult. Just be careful as you pull out the instrument binnacle that the PC board doesn't get snagged. It was a bit awkward getting my boofy hands behind the instrument cluster to unplug the wires, but the rest was easy. While you are at it, replace both the 2WD lights because one will be brighter than the other. I rarely used 4WD, so those lamps were OK.

Comment

• Thanks.
                            Did pull the dash and checked the Globes. They Tested OK, but this Time will shine a Torch Up the hole to make sure I am Testing the Correct One.
                            You have all been very Helpful sorting out Problems.
                            Thanks Again.

whitehillbilly

Comment

• Dash Out......A bit further this time so I can see what I am doing and discovered the 3 lower ones I checked as OK were NOT the two 2 wheel drive Globes.
                              One was very black,and blown which was changed and as Erad suggested, thanks, the other one also.
                              All good Now.

whitehillbilly
                              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X