Inspection hatch? for clutch on 2.8TD gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection hatch? for clutch on 2.8TD gearbox

When I first bought the Paj back in 03, on one of my first inspections noticed that the rubber boot on the side of the gearbox was missing.
    I bought a new boot ( for want of a better term ) and installed accordingly.
    On a recent inspection I noticed that this boot is MIA again.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how did they overcome it. Have thought about fixing in place with silicone but looking other ideas.

Thanks
    Paul

I would post some photos but I am just not that clever!

My paj has done a fair bit of everything and yet its never come out, the mechanics i help out at services about 5 and none of them are missing... This doesnt help you other then to say i dont think its a common issue. Your idea of a silicon, a couple of dabs would be perfect, you could still remove it etc.

Comment

yep I had the same problem this winter after doing a couple of water crossings - didn't realise until after I lost friction of the clutch after being stuck on the side of a creekbed. Not the best thing you want to find after driving through several deep puddles and creeks.

A new boot and a bit of sikaflex did the trick.

Cheers,
      Jayden
      NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Thanks for the responses
        Sounds like it's not a common problem.
        I will pay, once again, for another one and fix in place.

Cheers
        Paul

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X