engine suitable for engine swap in 3L NH Pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine suitable for engine swap in 3L NH Pajero

Looking to find what engines are suitable to swap in a 3L 6g72 NH Pajero.

Mine appears to have at least blown a head gasket, and with having 330,000 kms on it, thought swapping another engine might be best way to go vs cost of new heads/machined heads if cracked.

I've seen on here a couple people have swapped a magna engine in.

Other thought was the 3.5L pajero does it slot straight in for the 3L?
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, roof racks otherwise stock as a rock.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
    Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Hi the best way is to find a 3lt magna engine and swap the externals over. all that you will use of the magna engine is the block and heads, the rest comes off of the pajero engine. To change over to the 3.5 ltr requires a lot of work as there are many differences
    cheers

Comment

Thanks Chippy.

Do you know what magna models have the 3L engine ?
      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, roof racks otherwise stock as a rock.

Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Comment

nearly all of the v6 magnas until about 1999 were 3.0 inless they were luxury style cars like veradas etc they got a 3.5 towards the end..

my mate put a 3.0 magna motor in a customers paj it was out of a 1996 or 1997 TF magna but like the others are saying you need to swap a few accessories over coz most of the paj boltons are different

Comment

thanks Mat,

Be nice if I could get a 99 year model low km one. Bring some life back to the old girl. For some reason I don't want to get rid of her.

Comment

while the Magna motor is cheaper, it also has different cams ect and doesn't have the same low down torque of the Pajero motor (not good for low rev slow 4wding) just something to consider thats all. I considered this option as well when my 3.5 sohc needed rebuilding, I ended going for the full rebuild lots of $$$$ but good for another 300000kms

Comment

Anyone know if the loss in torque is very noticeable?

Comment

Originally posted by craka View Post
                Looking to find what engines are suitable to swap in a 3L 6g72 NH Pajero.

Mine appears to have at least blown a head gasket, and with having 330,000 kms on it, thought swapping another engine might be best way to go vs cost of new heads/machined heads if cracked.

I've seen on here a couple people have swapped a magna engine in.

Other thought was the 3.5L pajero does it slot straight in for the 3L?
                The Magna engine requires swapping some of the parts from the Paj engine. Oil pump, sump, and maybe the water pump.
                Formerlya NH and a NL GLS, both raised, Dual Batteries,
                Free wheeling hubs, Bullbars, Snorkels etc.

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.

Comment

Thanks Dbomba,

Yeah I've seen from some other post, that pretty much all externals to the engine need to be swapped across from the paj to the magna motor.

Just trying to find out now about the loss of torque is it that noticeable.

Also the pajero I have is a 91 NH with 3.0L v6 but would it be a sohc or dohc?

Comment

Originally posted by craka View Post
                    Thanks Dbomba,

Yeah I've seen from some other post, that pretty much all externals to the engine need to be swapped across from the paj to the magna motor.

Just trying to find out now about the loss of torque is it that noticeable.

Also the pajero I have is a 91 NH with 3.0L v6 but would it be a sohc or dohc?
                    nh 3.0l v6 is a 12valve sohc
                    same type of engine in tr/ts magna and mh/mj triton

Comment

thanks bige that is what I was after.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X