Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling when cold.

Great forum ,Thanks ahead of time,

My NJ has a recond motor V6 3L.134 000km.(The previous owner did a hose & the rest is history.

Under the bonnet is tidy as , indicating the guys who did the motor did a good job . However. Sometimes mainly when cold , when the revs are dropping down it doesn't idle but just stops ? Not always. I am thinking a vacuum hose that is loose ?

Secondly I have a pipe under the cap that appears to go nowhere flopping in the breeze.? My young bloke got under the other day & said it looks like it should be in the exhaust system ?

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

Two things you can try,

Firstly you said that there was something underneath hanging that should probably be in the exhaust system. Might be your Oxygen sensor that isn't bolted on or has snapped off. This reads info for when the car is cold to adjust the Air/Fuel Mix ratio.

Secondly which is common for the 6G72 Engines is the ISC (Idle Speed Control motor) Worth putting in some Carby cleaner on it. there a numerous posts on this issue.

Good luck.
    Mitsir
    NJ Shortie 3ltr
    ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

Check the PCV valve for blockage

this causes the engine to spew oil directly into the throttle body

adjust the idle manually via the cap located on the top of the throttle body

it may be sealed with a silver disc.
      2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X