Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 NJ Diesel too cheap? or SWB 94 GLS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 NJ Diesel too cheap? or SWB 94 GLS?

Hi, I'm looking for weekend 4wd and looking at around $5,000 to spend. Have found a 94 NJ GL Diesel (not turbo) (at a dealer) for $5,000 with 257,000kms. Going for a test drive next week and wanted some advice on wether this seems too cheap? or what i should be looking out for on this model with that many kms?

Same dealer also has a SWB 94 GLS (petrol) for $6,000 with 260,000kms. Originally i wanted SWB but am swayed to the Diesel engine on the LWB?

Thoughts?

Originally posted by timsy View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for weekend 4wd and looking at around $5,000 to spend. Have found a 94 NJ GL Diesel (not turbo) (at a dealer) for $5,000 with 257,000kms. Going for a test drive next week and wanted some advice on wether this seems too cheap? or what i should be looking out for on this model with that many kms?

Same dealer also has a SWB 94 GLS (petrol) for $6,000 with 260,000kms. Originally i wanted SWB but am swayed to the Diesel engine on the LWB?

Thoughts?

Supply and demand - there is basically no demand for a NA deisel pajero - that era was slow enough with a turbo. I dont think its too cheap. As for the things to look for, all the usal stuff, do a search, its been covered many times.

Comment

Originally posted by 6G74 View Post
      Supply and demand - there is basically no demand for a NA deisel pajero - that era was slow enough with a turbo. I dont think its too cheap. As for the things to look for, all the usal stuff, do a search, its been covered many times.
      Do you mean NA or NJ is not in demand and slow? Suggestions on best option for a paj for around $5000 then?

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but did the NJ come out with a non-turbo diesel? I'd be interested to know.

Comment

yeah mate it turns out it did, were mainly government cars and only the GL wagon. the one i've looked at was owned by 'Workcover Australia'. Has 245,000k on it and drives well, only concern i have is wether or not a 2.8 non-turbo diesel will have sufficient power off road?

Comment

Originally posted by timsy View Post
            Do you mean NA or NJ is not in demand and slow? Suggestions on best option for a paj for around $5000 then?
            Sorry, i meant naturally aspirated. It has its merrits though, i would imagine it will last a long time, mechanically if its been serviced will prolly be in good nik etc. But any signs of hills, any load in the car etc i think it would be a pita.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X