Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto box bellhousing

Hi All,
    Can anyone tell me if the bellhousing on both the 3ltr & the 3.5ltr auto box is bolted on or is part of the gearbox casing ????
    Thanks in advance.
    SeaDog

Originally posted by SeaDog View Post
    Hi All,
    Can anyone tell me if the bellhousing on both the 3ltr & the 3.5ltr auto box is bolted on or is part of the gearbox casing ????
    Thanks in advance.
    SeaDog
    If anyone knows the answer to my above could you please respond???
    Many Thanks,
    SeaDog.

Comment

i think they are all separate, but your talkin about 5 diff models of auto's or something, which ones specifically?

Comment

Hi 6G74,
        My inquirey concerns the NH auto box. The reason being that if they are a bolt on then maybe I would be able to fit the NH bellhousing to one of the 3.5 boxes if they have the same bolt pattern and refit into my NH??? Can anyone tell if they have done it or if it can be done without any hassles???
        I await any responses!!!!
        Regards SeaDog.

PS Do`s anybody have an email addy for Mitsubishi`s Tech department?

Comment

Try asking on the Outerlimits Mitsubushi forum. Might find someone there whose done it.
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Hi 6G74,
            if they are a bolt on then maybe I would be able to fit the NH bellhousing to one of the 3.5 boxes if they have the same bolt pattern and refit into my NH???

To what advantage ?
            'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Hi Jaydee,
              I have been told the 3.5 ltr box is a much stronger than the 3 ltr and if that is the case it should solve my problem of the AT temp light coming on when towing my 2.1 tonne van !!!
              Regards Seadog.

Comment

Im going to say its effectively not possible - you would need to run an after market computer just to get it to work, and i very much doubt the auto will bolt up to your old belhousing and would guess its gonna be a hard question to get answered.

Comment

Hi Jaydee,
                  I have been told the 3.5 ltr box is a much stronger than the 3 ltr and if that is the case it should solve my problem of the AT temp light coming on when towing my 2.1 tonne van !!!
                  Regards Seadog.
                  Ah I see, thought you might have been after a better arrangement of gearing or something.

However, I wouldn't have thought strength had anything to do with the high fluid temp (hence the safety light illuminating) just that the existing 'box cooling system isn't coping with the challenge too well.

Installing a 'big daddy' (about the biggest known around for normal vehicles) fluid cooler would be cheaper than mucking about with making another box fit which may overheat anyway if the cooler isn't up to it.

Also having a huge cooler will increase fluid volume meaning under hard conditions it will take longer before the warning light should come on but cool quickly because of the cooler's heat transfer ability.

Strength as I understand for autos is the burning out after 100,000km when they should last 300,000km or more.
                  'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X