Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Install

Hi

I have purchased a pair of 50MM rear Lovell Springs and was wondering if there needs to be any particular things to look out for when Installing them.

Do I need a Spring compressor to fit them in. Or would they easily fit the same as the standard springs.

Any other adivse would be greatly appreciated.
    NJ Shortie 3ltr
    ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Easy to install. Raise on stands under body with wheels hanging - remove wheels , Jack under diff - lift slightly -remove shocks lower mount- lower jack and push down on diff to remove springs. Do one side at a time. Two people can help. one to push down and the other to remove and fit springs. The springs will not be under any tension with diff hanging down, The shockers hold the springs in when wheels off ground,
    97 NL GLX - 2"OME Suspension, Airbags, ARB Bullbar- X9 Winch, Long Range Tank, Piranha Dual Battery System, UHF, Flares, ARB Compressor - air tank, BFG 265 75 R16 A/T, Draw system, Engel Fridge, Roof top tent - many more mods to come.......

Comment

You may also need to disconnect your brake line to get enough droop to get the new springs in. Or atleast it will make it a heap easier
      Steele Perkins (#1263)
      NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

Thanks Guys.

There was no real issue with the install, expcet that they have supplied me with 1 that was 20mm shorter than the other. Bugger.
        NJ Shortie 3ltr
        ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

Hey Shayne

Nice 'twist' on the spring install - I wonder if it would have worked for me?

I installed poly airs in the back of an NJ 96 ITD. With the body supported on jack stands and the rear diff lowered as far as the rear brake lines allowed (no I didnt disconect them) I still struggled to get the standard springs back in place (but they did now have an air bag inside each so crowbars etc were out of the question !!)

Given that I had the rear axel lowered as far as the brake lines allowed I doubt that 'twisting' the axel ie fitting one side at a time (how else could I have done it!!) would have mde my life less frustrating - what is the exact trick? If I were fitting lift springs (eg +50mm/2") I reckon that a spring compressor would just about have to a must to get the buggers back in????

If you are prepared to disconnect the brake lines and then go through the hassles of bleeding the brakes - i guess the whole process might be a bit easier (maybe???)

BTW - Looks like you're getting the Paj well fitted out - but FLARES ??? you dont seem to have snorkle fitted yet..................

What the heck - who needs the ferry to Tassie (besides - got the flares just in case)

Love the forum to get the sharing of knowledge..

Cheers Lambie
          NJ 1996 ITD GLX (poverty pack) with a couple of extras, ARB bar, dual batteries plus redarc, Glind shower, some roo spotties, running 235 85 R16 AT's for the road and MT's for the tracks, tweeked torsion bars, Free wheeling front hubs, Poly airs and prodegy electric brakes for the camper, GME radio thingy, Long range tank, cargo barrier, have I really spent all this on my bus??

Comment

To Answer you Question Lambie,

If you were to Fit eg 50mm lift springs on your paj. These springs are smaller than the original ones, How this works is that there is not as much Coils and are spaced out wider with also thicker metal being used to hold all that weight and yet still maintain it's ride height.
            NJ Shortie 3ltr

Comment

How are the Lovell springs in terms of ride and articulation.

I spose they are barely warn in, but I am interested to see how they go.

Cheers,
              Jayden
              NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X