Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressures

Hi everyone,

I know this topic is always a hot one as it comes to a personal choice (between ride comfort and tyre wear).

I have some 265/70/15 on my NH and have been trialling with tyre pressures.

At the moment, I have it set at what the placard says, 28psi on the front and 30psi at the rear.

Ive had problems with my steering being a bit vague and "wandering" although having the pressures at 28 and 30 seem to have reduced the vagueness and wandering slightly. I know that some of my suspension components need to be replaced and Im hopeing once this is done, the steering will feel alot better.

For the time being though, do you think that 28-30 psi is too low? I had the tyres at 35-38 previously although I felt all the vibrations through the steering wheel.

I run mine on 42 psi

Comment

tyre pressure

it depends on

the surface you are driving
      the Tyre size
      the Tyre construction
      the load you are carrying
      the temperature you are inflating them
      the speed you are running

and finally, a video you should watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WsPbXXU5wk
      you can wind forward to 2min.

a generall saying this is good or not good pressure does not fit at all.

the tyre pressure mentioned from the manufacturer are for the original tyres for the original purpose (on road driving) and its a optimum from comfort and fuel economy.

Comment

I used to have an NJ with same size tyres......used to run them at 32 all round with no weight in the rear which suited my needs.
        2008 NS X SWB DiD auto in cool silver, Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, MCC bull bar with Stedi Summit fog/DRL's, Airtec(TJM) snorkel.

Previously
        88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
        99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Comment

I run 36 in all tyres which suits - used to run at 40 but found I get better wear and more comfort at 36.
          1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

When I was replacing the old 33s I have on the NL recently at the local tyre shop I also decided they do wheel alignment and that sorted my wandering steering once and for all.

IF you have not had wheel alignment done for quite a while I suggest you give it a go.
            XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
            1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
            1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
            2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X