X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy lifters on 3.0ltr 6G72 motor

Hey guys,
    I'm sure this subject has been discussed many times before
    My NJ 6G72 motor is slowly developing a lifter noise.
    Any solutions or suggestion out there??

I've tried using thicker oil, Penrite 15w-60, didn't work, added Lucus Heavy Duty oil Stabilizer,didn't work. Also tried thinner oil Shell Helix Synthetic oil 15w-50, didn't work, rang up Mitsubishi, they suggested rev engine out, & hold lower gears to just before red line, (thought that was a pretty strange thing to do), but tried it, didn't work. Mitsubishi also suggested to come into their service department & buy some kind of special oil they use for this problem ?

Has anybody found a particular oil that can help with my lifter noise?
    It's only a pretty slight noise, but enough to annoy me.

Thanks
    Stuart
    Last edited by knakkers; 18-01-08, 05:24 PM.
    NJ LWB GLS with sunroof, 3.0, Dual fuel, custom built alloy bullbar, Hayman Reese tow bar, tinted windows

hi stuart,
    i have a NL 3.5L that developed a lifter rattle. when i had tried all of the above mentioed and a whole heap of others, that different people in the know had sugested. Nothing worked until the guy that replaced my exhaust gave me a bottle of professional engine flush (not for sale to the public) added this to my oil at it's next oil change, drove the car around the block a few times (not reving to hard just standard driving) back in the garage drop the oil/filter let it drain well. replaced oils and filters and now i run the car on fully synthetic penrite 10 (used penrite semi before) no more lifter rattle!!! this engine flush will only work with a blocked lifter though worn lifters must be replaced. start saving!!! $50 each lots of em!
    so maybe mitsubishi's stuff is the same hope this works for you.

Comment

Bigbear,
      can you please give me more info, do you live in Melb?
      What is the name/brand of this engine flush?
      Do you have a company name, phone number, email or address from this exhaust company?
      I'm sure there is plenty of other Paj owners that would love to get their hands on this magic bottle of oil flush, to give it ago.
      Mitsubishi seem to have a common problem with noisy lifters.
      NJ LWB GLS with sunroof, 3.0, Dual fuel, custom built alloy bullbar, Hayman Reese tow bar, tinted windows

Comment

Its was most likely nulon lifter free... they have 2 different types, traditional plastic bottle stuff, and then the comercial stuff that kinda looks like its in a thinners tin, could only buy it on a trade account. I have the same problem, like everyone else i have tried everything, this did solve the problem, but was very short lived...

Comment

Originally posted by 6G74 View Post
          Its was most likely nulon lifter free... they have 2 different types, traditional plastic bottle stuff, and then the comercial stuff that kinda looks like its in a thinners tin, could only buy it on a trade account. I have the same problem, like everyone else i have tried everything, this did solve the problem, but was very short lived...
          sounds like the stuff, 6g74. mine didn't come with any labled bottle. hope it will last. 6g74 do use fully synthetic oil? i was told that it's much cleaner and would keep lifters free. can only try. i've tried everything else.
          knakkers product supplied by b.e.s.t performance sumner park QLD

Comment

Its actually only one lifter thats noisy - it did fix the rest. I use a semi sythetic - 15 40 or 10 30 depending on winter / summer

Comment

The product you are looking for is PRO-MA MBL8. Works absolutely brilliantly,
              Often used by Subaru car dealerships for clattery flat four engines even when new .
              And yes I use it myself.

Cheers.John

Comment

Curiosity has the better of me and luckily diesels don't use them but....

Considering they are the size of a pea.......What are new lifters worth ?
                'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

[B]around $50.00 ea. x 24 of the suckers

Comment

Originally posted by bigbear View Post
                    around $50.00 ea. x 24 of the suckers
                    Whoooly !!!

Comment

It gets worse then that too though - if you have an NJ or NK, (DOHC) you can no longer get the origional lifters, the genuine replacement is shorter and requires a new rocker aswell... it worked out to a retail of just over 100 each...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnySWB View Post
                        The product you are looking for is PRO-MA MBL8. Works absolutely brilliantly,
                        Often used by Subaru car dealerships for clattery flat four engines even when new .
                        And yes I use it myself.

Cheers.John
                        John,
                        Can you please tell me where I can purchase this PRO-MA MBL8 from? I would love to give this stuff a try. I've rang Mitsubishi, & Subaru, they have never heard of it.
                        I've tried Repco & Bursons Auto, neither of them sell it.

Thanks
                        Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by 6G74 View Post
                          It gets worse then that too though - if you have an NJ or NK, (DOHC) you can no longer get the origional lifters, the genuine replacement is shorter and requires a new rocker aswell... it worked out to a retail of just over 100 each...
                          If all lifters are buggered I'd be looking for a Mits crate motor or swap to GMH V6.

$100ea !! Talk about a good grip on themselves....

Comment

i have 24 of them for sale that i never got around to using still in the packets

Comment

Ebay style from america? i did the same thing....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X