6g72 Engine number location??? help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6g72 Engine number location??? help!

can anyone help me find the engine number on my NH please.
    The owners manual is very vauge and has a very simple illustration of where the number is, though can't find it for the life of me.

it says
    "stamped in the middle of the cyclinder block, at the right side rear"

regards
    steve
    UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
    $6500

Originally posted by bounceferret View Post
    can anyone help me find the engine number on my NH please.
    The owners manual is very vauge and has a very simple illustration of where the number is, though can't find it for the life of me.

it says
    "stamped in the middle of the cyclinder block, at the right side rear"

regards
    steve
    Steve, Vic Roads had trouble finding mine a few mnths ago. They fond it, at the back of the block, between the firewall & motor, on the drivers side, it was somewhere down there, I never looked myself, so I can't tell u exactly where.
    Hope this will help u.

Regards
    Stuart
    NJ LWB GLS with sunroof, 3.0, Dual fuel, custom built alloy bullbar, Hayman Reese tow bar, tinted windows

Comment

on my NJ number sits right there at the same place you described knakkers
      NW 2013 MY13 GLX-R, auto, OME lift kit, ARB bullbar, electric brake controller, GME UHF, the rest is still work in progress

Comment

I haven't looked, but Isn't the engine number stamped onto the vin plate?
        97 NK

Comment

it's not on mine
          NW 2013 MY13 GLX-R, auto, OME lift kit, ARB bullbar, electric brake controller, GME UHF, the rest is still work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by tas_smurf View Post
            I haven't looked, but Isn't the engine number stamped onto the vin plate?
            Only if its the original engine, it will be correct. The chances of the engine being replaced, of a car of this age, is pretty high.
            As mine has been replaced, thats why I went to Vic Roads, as I had to replace my engine, Vic Roads wanted to view the engine# to do their checks.
            The safest bet is to check the engine# matches the Vin# & both are registered with Vic Roads together.
            NJ LWB GLS with sunroof, 3.0, Dual fuel, custom built alloy bullbar, Hayman Reese tow bar, tinted windows

Comment

my Paj has original engine but engine number is not on vin plate

Comment

engine no is on right hand side of engine block and it is very hard to see it. pretty much just behind the exhaust flange.
                cheers murray
                95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X