Cranking torsion bar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranking torsion bar.

A year or so ago, cant remember , I replaced the torsion bar with an EFS one. Had the torsion bar cranked up about 15mm if I remember rightly. I now think it has dropped a little and want to 'recrank' it.

My main concern is that I do not want to go too high as to put extra strain on the CV's along with the splitting the CV boots. I know one member here, Steele, has cranked his up to the max, but I dont want to go that far.

So am open to suggestions; am thinking of another 5-10mm max.

Cheers
    NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

just leave no less than 15mm from the top bump stop gap, otherwise you'll get bump steer when you go over pot holes etc. This leaves a bit of droop, it's how I run mine and it handles good, found any less and it skates across the road when you hit manholes etc.

P.s. My bump stops are trimmed too down to 10mm thick, giving me extra playing space

Comment

Hey Allan,

If you think it's sagged, then you're probably only recranking it back to where you had it originally. Mines been running at max now for a couple of years, and i've only done 1 boot, which was probably an original, so iwasn't worried. You could also spray the boots with silicone spray or similar every now and then to prolong their life..

Just do it
      Steele Perkins (#1263)
      NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

Originally posted by m1s3ry View Post
        Hey Allan,

If you think it's sagged, then you're probably only recranking it back to where you had it originally. Mines been running at max now for a couple of years, and i've only done 1 boot, which was probably an original, so iwasn't worried. You could also spray the boots with silicone spray or similar every now and then to prolong their life..

Just do it
        Thanks Steele, you are probably right. I have nothing to worry about then, re doing cv's etc, as you do harder stuff than me...
        NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Oh, and make sure you don't drive around without doing up the second nut on the adjusting bolt, because it leads to a world of suck.
          Steele Perkins (#1263)
          NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X