door open light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door open light

have a new problem now it says one of my doors is open, i have checked all switches but cant find the fault, unless its the bonnet because its not on the car at the moment
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Bonnet Switch

My money would be on the bonnet switch

Comment

Nah don't think so man, there's no bonnet switch on mine anyways.
      Could be leaking to earthe somewhere, do you have the wiring diagram for it?
      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Nope no switch on bonnet, check back door.
        Rick
        Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Take all the switches out one at a time anbd clean them up with a small wire brush. Lite spray of Inox and check the dash light again.
          Move on to the next door and repeat procedure
          2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
          2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

i cant find the switch on the back door i have cleaned all switches, id say it would be the leaking earth yay more chasing wires lol
            When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Since I rolled my Paj the passenger door switch plays up in hard right hand corners.
              The whole system is pretty simple and I checked the switches by simply fixing all switch wires to the ground.
              All lights out - all good and no wiring problem.
              Add one switch at a time and check the light again until you got to the faulty one.
              And good to know that I'm not the only one that can't find a switch for the back door...
              '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
              Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Originally posted by jiffjiff78 View Post
                i cant find the switch on the back door i have cleaned all switches, id say it would be the leaking earth yay more chasing wires lol
                The switch for the tail gate (rear door) light is inside the door and works off the locking mechanism. Take the door trim off and check it out, it can get choked up with dust and moisture.

Tom
                1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
                1953 Morris Minor ute
                1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
                2008 Mercedes W211 e280 CDI sport
                2003 Ford Transit

Comment

Originally posted by tomwithannl View Post
                  The switch for the tail gate (rear door) light is inside the door and works off the locking mechanism. Take the door trim off and check it out, it can get choked up with dust and moisture.

Tom
                  Thought as much cause i could never find mine either haha
                  97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel

Comment

At least now I know where to look if mine plays up - thanks for that!
                    '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                    Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Thank you! My rear door switch has been playing up for months, I installed led interior lights and hadn't been able to use them on door. Took me 15 minutes to fix, cheers!
                      Chris
                      94 NJ, MODS: Auto conversion, 1/4 chop, custom front and rear bar, 2" lift, 33x12.5" hankooks, rear sway bar removed, HID headlights, HID nite stalker 200's, rear LED work lights, red arc dual battery system, tekonsha primus brake controller, UHF, gps running ozi explorer and hema maps, suspension seats, power windows, DVD players, rhino racks holding shovel, high lift, awning, PVC rod holder and alloy basket

Comment

cool cheers for all help guys, didnt get to look at that today was busy trying to get the mungrel to idle, tryed all the tricks with timing all i can think of now is maybe i've just put the dizzy in at the wrong possition but when i did it by the book it wouldn't even start very confusing

Comment

What do you mean, as in wrong setting maybe or as in spin the cap 180?
                          I can take a pic of where mine is set to if you want.
                          Have you tried cleaning out the idle air control valve in the throttle body? How are the plugs? And did Leander cleaning up the rotor and dizzy contacts?

Comment

well when i did tdc and put dizzy onto number 1 it wouldnt fire or even try to even tryed 180 other way, but then i just tryed putting it on i think plug 2 it started straight away, a pic would be appreciated ill take a pic of mine tomorow so you can have a laugh at me,

Comment

Me laugh at someone else's expense, never lol
                              No wackas m8, will do it in the morning for ya
                              For reference though have a look under cap where no1 plug comes out and routes a few inches away to the rotor contact, it should be at the back(11-12 o'clock if standing at the front of the car), not sure how you started it on no2 though haha well done

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X