No announcement yet.

Magna engine swap, BIG project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the Magna engine is in and I've done almost 1000 k's.

The surging is dissapating. I suspect it might be the fuel pressure regulator and with regular use it's coming good. Before I bought it the car sat for over a year under a tree in the previous owners yard.

Who said cars don't heal? :-)

The engine works just fine. I've never driven a standard 3 litre Paj so I don't know how it goes compared to a Paj powered Paj. I definately goes MUCH better than my old 2.8 litre MK Patrol. But that was heavier and had a smaller engine. 0 - 100 KMH in the Paj? I'd guess around 20 seconds. LOL.

There have been a few minor issues, none engine related.

This car cost me $450. The Magna (with 190,000 k's on the clock) was $300 but I got $140 for parts off it and $100 for the wreck. So the engine effectively cost me $60.

Also for $773.63 I bought...
    - cruise control switch
    - dizzy
    - coil and TFI
    - leads and plugs
    - clutch
    - spigot bearing
    - full engine gasket kit
    - throttle body
    - oil, oil filter and coolant
    - various interior bits and pieces
    - SAAS oil pressue guage
    - SAAS volt gauge
    - Glycerine and glue for inclinometre repair
    - Engine paint (Ford Blue rocker covers!!!)
    - 4 x ball joints

For $1284 (plus rego costs) I now have a GREAT rust free, roadworthy and nice looking NH GLS Pajero with a good engine. But the input shaft is noisy and I need to look at the Super Select. I have a set of free wheeling hubs so I might put them in and lock the Super Select out.

Mick
    Last edited by Micko66; 04-06-13, 08:14 PM. Reason: Bad calculations
    1995 NJ Paj GLS, 3.5 DOHC 24 valve, manual.

Comment

mate, you gotta be happy with that well done!
      1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods

Comment

Does anyone know if the magna heads will work with the pajero block?
        Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

Yes they do andrew, the blocks are identical and so is the bare heads.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210331_113644.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	1079252 99'' TH MAGNA 3.5ltr ENGINE CONVERTED TO FIT INTO 03 MK TRITON v6 Autoi,2wd Dual Cab

thanks Micko66 for your posts and inspiration........or damnation. lol! until i finish my conversion i wont know which one.
            Still early days . Have both motors out in started process of striping 3ltr of what i need. I think it a bit less involved sinse i have no front diff/transfer case and all my bell housing bolt holes on auto seem t o line up ..... maybe.

Comment

Working...
            X