Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding "lights off" feature

G'day all,

Was asked a question by a mate who owns an NH SWB, regarding his headlights and park lights.
    He claims when he has his headlights on, and turns the car off, keys out, the parkers still stay on.
    I told him they probably should, and it's more than likely not a problem, but a feauture, but then, what would I know?
    So, if anyone with an NH can verify what's meant to happen with the keys out, headlights left on, I'd appreciate it!
    Thanks

They are meant to stay on, thats why they are called "parkers". I thought it was an automotive standard, doesn't every car post 1980 do this?

anyway, perfectly normal
    UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
    $6500

Comment

Thanks, no, no, thanks again!

Comment

Not sure about pre NH, but NH till the NL's all had this feature...

Comment

It's a great "battery flattening" feature ;-(

My NM just beeps like crazy if you take the key out of the ignition with the lights on.
          My Statesman is a bit more civilized, it turns them off for you. Why can't all cars do that???
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
            It's a great "battery flattening" feature ;-(

My NM just beeps like crazy if you take the key out of the ignition with the lights on.
            My Statesman is a bit more civilized, it turns them off for you. Why can't all cars do that???

hehe
            I just put in a 760 cca battery! bring on the power drain!
            UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
            $6500

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X