chasing a locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chasing a locker

g'day this is my first post so i hope i get this right ...lol anyway i have a 94 gls lwb and i'm wanting to change my standard lsd rear for a locker lsd,does any one have a 12 bolt rear dff centre they want to sell?thanx jim

Crown wheel 12 bolt or centre to housing 12 bolt ? Ratio ?
    Sorry but there are a few variants .................. and I mean a few when it comes to diffs

Comment

sorry bogger sik name lol,i will check tommorow on these things thank you for your interest,regards jim
      i'm sure its centre to housing 12 bolt not sure of ratio but will check
      Last edited by jim4270; 07-11-13, 09:35 PM. Reason: added answer

Comment

look in market place.... ebay findings..... one there listed on gumtree
        2005 MK Triton GLS 2.8TD manual, some fruit, much more to come.
        retired .. '94 NJ, GLS, swb, 3.0l

Comment

Originally posted by LanaB View Post
          look in market place.... ebay findings..... one there listed on gumtree
          Only if your crown & pinion are okay!
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=13310
            If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

first off thank you to all who have taken the time to help me with this.Having said that i think i will go with the ARB boys and get a new unit fit to my existing rear end,i was told that the original oem lockers could be a bit weak and i suppose my own lsd diff will be like new by the time shes back on the road,peace of mind with the family on a decent fishing trips,camping i think the money would be well spent.Again thank you all regards new member, jim4270

Comment

you cannot keep the LSD and get a locker

it is one or the other.

family safety all day around town with the LSD or 4x4 traction with the rear locker

sorry, but that is how it is
                ML triton with some accessories
                National E Trek Libary
                Getting Out There

Comment

The factory lockers are meant to be a hybrid diff (locker and clutch pack lsd). Cannot confirm as I haven't stripped one right down but the one I put in mine did look like it had a clutch assembly inside. Plus the epc shows only open diff, lsd or locker with lsd(aka hybrid).
                  97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                  97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

unless there are a couple of different varieties of factory locker ?

my factory locker is a open diff- get crossed up and you have no traction, turn a sharp corner, plant it and a wheel spins

if the gen 2 lockers are a hybrid system, very cool
                    ML triton with some accessories
                    National E Trek Libary
                    Getting Out There

Comment

Originally posted by 4wd26 View Post
                      you cannot keep the LSD and get a locker

it is one or the other.

family safety all day around town with the LSD or 4x4 traction with the rear locker

sorry, but that is how it is
                      I mistakenly thought that too, until I looked at the specs & exploded parts-diagrams! Now certain that my Hardtop has an MM Locker/LSD by the way it behaves, but can't confirm it without some further testing as someone has removed every single label & sticker! Tyre/wheel placard was stuck in back of owner's manual!?!
                      Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                      "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X