'91 2.6L same body shape as NJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '91 2.6L same body shape as NJ?

I have an eye ona 1991 Pajero 2.6L, solid rear windows instead of sliding. I am thinking on it as a parts donor for my old girl. Will the panels and doors work on the switchout?

It also has a few other things on it I would like to swap over. Will it work?
    NH Pajero 1991 3.0L
    CLICK HERE - Pajero 4X4 Club Australia Facebook - CLICK HERE

Hervey Bay QLD

provided it is an nh doors etc are the same although if it has fixed windows it is probably leaf spring rear and yours is probably coil. If yours has the body mouldings this can be swapped over with a little bit of effort,

Diffs, gearbox, transfer are not the same and wont swap ( this is true for virtually all the mechanical bits)

wiring loom is different so no good, is pretty much only the panels/body parts that are the same.
    Last edited by schnitzel; 10-11-13, 03:40 PM.
    Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
    Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

I'm getting it for the following, to be swapped to my rig - 1994 NJ:

• Bull Bar
      • Long Range Fuel Tank
      • Gas system (maybe?)
      • Doors and hatch
      • Bonnet Lid
      • Front guards
      • Plastic Grille
      • Set of tyres with about 80%, brand new spare
      • All lights and indicators (Spares)
      • Roof Rack

The donor vehicle has solid glass at the rear, can that be swapped?

Well, darn - so I can't use the rear LSD off the donor on my rig then? Oh well if she goes at $305 then I'm ahead. Pick her clean and haul it to the wreckers LOL. The roof rack alone is worth that much at least....
      NH Pajero 1991 3.0L
      CLICK HERE - Pajero 4X4 Club Australia Facebook - CLICK HERE

Hervey Bay QLD

Comment

Originally posted by rancox265 View Post
        I'm getting it for the following, to be swapped to my rig - 1994 NJ:

• Bull Bar
        • Long Range Fuel Tank
        • Gas system (maybe?)
        • Doors and hatch
        • Bonnet Lid
        • Front guards
        • Plastic Grille
        • Set of tyres with about 80%, brand new spare
        • All lights and indicators (Spares)
        • Roof Rack

The donor vehicle has solid glass at the rear, can that be swapped?

Well, darn - so I can't use the rear LSD off the donor on my rig then? Oh well if she goes at $305 then I'm ahead. Pick her clean and haul it to the wreckers LOL. The roof rack alone is worth that much at least....
        Presume the tank is an aux, & original main has been replaced by LPG tank, but if it's leaf-sprung, neither a main long-range tank nor an aux.tank will fit with coils, despite both vehicles being gen2s!
        Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
        "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
          Presume the tank is an aux, & original main has been replaced by LPG tank, but if it's leaf-sprung, neither a main long-range tank nor an aux.tank will fit with coils, despite both vehicles being gen2s!

correct and on top of that the gas converter may not be the right size for the 3l as they often put the smaller one on the 4cyl, although some used the one that was suitable for up to 3 litres. Gas tank mounts may also be different depending on whether the tank is bolted to the floor or in a cradle mounted to the chassis.

if it is mounted to the floor it would probably swap, not sure the same would apply to the chassis mounted version.
          Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
          Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X