Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perceived Injector Problems

Hi Guys and Gals,

For the past six months, my car had been running rough and with flat spots in the power when running on petrol.

It would run fine on lpg, so I figured it was something to do with the petrol injection system; either fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator or the injectors.

I changed the fuel filter and the ran a tank of injector cleaner through the system.

No real change.

So I bought an injector service kit (O-rings, seals, pintel caps etc) and decided to pull the plenum chamber to get to the injectors (lot's of work, especially when you have gas injectors and all their paraphernalia attached to the air plenum as well.)

Once I got the fuel rail off and inspected the injectors, I was surprised to find that they were clean and looked like they were in good general working order. So I serviced them while I had everything apart, but there was not the smoking gun there to account for the poor performance on petrol that I had been experiencing.

And then I noticed that the vacuum tube that connects on to the fuel pressure regulator had a hole in it. I fixed this, and now the engine runs like a new one.

So there was my smoking gun. No/low vacuum present at the fuel pressure regulator. $5 worth of tubing. Glad I inspected what was going on before I spent $600 on new injectors.
    Last edited by AndyNH91; 10-11-13, 12:05 PM.
    Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

A big thanks to this forum and it's 'can do attitude' for giving me the knowledge and confidence to have a go at servicing the injectors myself. Once upon a time I would have been reliant on a mechanic to get this job done.
    Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X