Firewall hole location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall hole location?

Hey guys brad new to this site did some searching but could not find the answer i need. I have just got my hands on a 1993 3.0l V6 GLS 350,000ks. Now i am looking to find a hole to run cables etc through the fire wall but cant seem to find any, If some one could please help point me in the right direction that would be fantastic
    Cheers Rob.

There's a loom that goes through the firewall just behind the passenger side wheel arch at least on the deisel one there is so presume there's one there on the petrol , if you have the two battery model , you can just see it between the battery box and guard

Comment

On the v6 the loom is on the LHS of firewall directly below the canister about half way down. Its about 40mm in diameter. Just pry it back and you can pass wires easily through it.
      regards
      Leon

Tred your own path but leave no trace

Current ride: NJ 95 V6 3.0L - 2" Lift with King HD Springs, ARB Bullbar, Alloy roof basket, Waeco CF-80, rear storage with fridge slide, dual aux batteries in rear(240Ah), Cooper ST's

Would like to have: snorkel, diff breathers, more down time to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittyhog View Post
        On the v6 the loom is on the LHS of firewall directly below the canister about half way down. Its about 40mm in diameter. Just pry it back and you can pass wires easily through it.
        Cheers just had a quick look when you say canister do you mean the AC black canister on the drivers side? It has a second battery on the passenger side so cant see a thing down that side. Cheers Rob.

Comment

The main loom grommet is on the passengers side of the vehicle on the firewall about half way down - you may need to remove the second battery to see it clearly, my NJ does not have a second battery so its clearly visible. I can take a photo tomorrow, if you need it then PM me
          regards
          Leon

Tred your own path but leave no trace

Current ride: NJ 95 V6 3.0L - 2" Lift with King HD Springs, ARB Bullbar, Alloy roof basket, Waeco CF-80, rear storage with fridge slide, dual aux batteries in rear(240Ah), Cooper ST's

Would like to have: snorkel, diff breathers, more down time to enjoy it.

Comment

it will be just under the second battery tray. You can feed the wire from inside cab through to engine bay side to make it easier. Just remove the passenger side kick panel(i.e little panel on the side under the glovebox) and you'll see it, it's pretty big so you can't miss it.
            97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
            97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Often when I am wiring up a vehicle for the first time I put a 1" hole in the firewall with a holesaw, in a convenient location, and buy a $1 grommet from a parts store.

I find that over time with the amount of wiring we put on our vehicles it is just so much simpler than trying to use a difficult to locate factory hole which is usually already full.
              98 NL GLS - ARB compressor, LED conversion on all interior lights, GME UHF, Pioneer SD Stereo, Alloy bull bar, 13,500lb winch, Dual Batt, switch and outlet panel in place of useless centre pod, rear drawers

Under construction - GQ coils

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X