Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few issues with Switches in my NL 98

Hi All,

I've got a NL 98 GLS and I'm having issues with the Drivers window going down but not coming back up,

I bought a replacement switch still have the same issue so I guess I need a new regulator?

Also my electric mirrors have stopped working, I have checked fuses and even replaced the switch on the dash and still nothing, any ideas?
    1997 NL 3.5 litre automatic GLS with luxury pack, dual airbags, ABS brakes, Dual Fuel (LPG)

Mirrors could be the fuse for the cig lighter (the one in the centre console behind the gearstick, not the 12v accessory socket below the radio unit). 15A one from memory, up in the fusebox up in the drivers footwell.

I've had this happen twice- once in the shorty and once in the longy.

Bit of a strange fuse to go looking for when the mirrors aren't working!
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

Think you may be on to something Alex,

My middle cig lighter isn't working either,

so I'll look for a 15A in the door footwell fusebox?
      1997 NL 3.5 litre automatic GLS with luxury pack, dual airbags, ABS brakes, Dual Fuel (LPG)

Comment

From memory yes it's a 15amp one you are after. Blown that fuse a few times and power mirrors are on the same fuse.
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Thanks all,
          Mirrors are now working again

Now for the windows

Comment

Switches have contacts which wear and get a build up of oxides, horizontal switches also fill with 'gunk' from inside the car - often a good clean out with some contact cleaner and compressed air will sort them (assuming it's not the fuse of course)
            98 NL GLS - ARB compressor, LED conversion on all interior lights, GME UHF, Pioneer SD Stereo, Alloy bull bar, 13,500lb winch, Dual Batt, switch and outlet panel in place of useless centre pod, rear drawers

Under construction - GQ coils

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X