Fuel regulator and valve saver fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel regulator and valve saver fluid

noticed that my fuel regulator's vac lines has been T ed off to use the valve saver fluid .

is and one elses set up like this and if not can it screw up the fuel regulator??

wouldnt this affect the amount of vacuume applied to the regulator??
    Attached Files
    '93 NH 3Ltr V6 MAN, petrol\lpg, 31 ATs

Is your car running rough? or is there are rich smell of unburnt fuel?

If the answer is no to both of these, then you probably don't have a problem with the way it's set up.
    Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

The vac hose for the reg just reduces the fuel rail pressure at high vacuum (I.e idle). At worst it will use a minute amount more of fuel.

And to answer your question-
      A: no, it won't hurt anything like that.
      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

ok cool thanks, i am getting a bad smell from exhaust on both LPG and petrol,
        i have been reading about the rocker cover breather hose and pcv ill have to check them ont the weekend

Comment

What's the smell?
          If the catalytic convertor is blocked up, gunked up or partially breaking apart it won't do it's job properly and you'll get strong smells out the exhaust.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
            What's the smell?
            If the catalytic convertor is blocked up, gunked up or partially breaking apart it won't do it's job properly and you'll get strong smells out the exhaust.
            +1 on that
            Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
            Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

i thought that too, but like another thread sugested i use my cat unblocking tool to over come that problem. Yes the cat was blocked, you could clearly see the parts of the cat that were blocked. The exhaust sounds a bit better to

Comment

Removing the material inside is to the same affect as non functioning material.
                The exhaust gasses are rich with NOx gasses and the likes and the smell is rather potent.

Only way to dull the smell down is to put in a new cat convertor.
                You may habe an underlying issue but, the cat surprisingly has a huge impact on those stinky exhaust fumes.

And yes, I have used that tool as well

Comment

I had a walker cat fitted to mine recently. It wasn't particularly expensive and seems to be good quality.
                  Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

Originally posted by AndyNH91 View Post
                    I had a walker cat fitted to mine recently. It wasn't particularly expensive and seems to be good quality.
                    Heard good things about them Walker cats. Did it give you a nice note out the back as well?

About to put a new one on mine and was thinking either walker or magnaflow, both are pleasantly priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
                      Heard good things about them Walker cats. Did it give you a nice note out the back as well?

About to put a new one on mine and was thinking either walker or magnaflow, both are pleasantly priced.
                      Howdy Pauly,

I had a walker muffler fitted at the same time. They both sound pretty good.

I had a muffler fitted only a couple of years previous, and it developed holes within about 12 months (some internal spot welds gave way leaving the holes in the outer skin ). So my main criteria when selecting Walker as a brand of choice was... must not fall apart. So far so good on that front.
                      Andrew

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X