another gq spring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another gq spring question

just picked up some gq springs, and was wondering is there a top and a bottom for the coil or it does not matter what way they go it?? also can i run the standard shocker with the gq springs?? will they be alright or do i need to put the 4 runner shocks in at the same time as the coils??
    '93 NH 3Ltr V6 MAN, petrol\lpg, 31 ATs

Yeah, there is a difference between the top and bottom of the coils. The base of the coil should have an obious 'step' between the end of the coil and the section of coil directly opposite (if that makes sense) - the top of the coil will have the coils spaced closer together too. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=30290 - this might help explain, the coils in the photo at the base of the 1st page are sitting the right way up.

I would say you can run stock shocks with GQ coils however it's not ideal as there won't be much downtravel (if any). I personally would swap the shocks at the same time or soon after to either lifted Pajero or 4 runner shocks (this will also contribute to fully sik rear flex offroad - whent the swaybar is removed ).
    1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

these will do wont they??
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370935089...84.m1423.l2649

its a pin and eye shock???
      '93 NH 3Ltr V6 MAN, petrol\lpg, 31 ATs

Comment

Should be right but you might want to check extended and compressed lengths and check the bushes are the correct size. I've never looked into the 4 runner shocks but there are heaps of threads on them so try a search.
        1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

The 4runner shocks you want are pin top/eye bottom LN130 4runner/hilux shocks.

Try and get standard height ones as the extended ones are around 580mm+ and your trail arms will bind before they even get to full extension. And longer also means they have a longer compression so any unusable extension length is not a good thing.

Standard 4runner LN130 shocks are just a fraction longer then raised paj shocks and are between 535mm-555mm extended.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X