pajero front cv issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pajero front cv issue!

I can't believe mitsubishi make two types of cv for pajeros between 91 and 00, one slightly smaller, about 1mm smaller of spacing between bolt holes.

i got one from 95 pajero to replace my 97 one. and it doesn't fit.

talk to the seller and he has this exact same issue and asks for the spacing.

How silly is this?

or i am missing something?
    "Lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness."

parts are parts and yes there not all the same within a year or two in vintage.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Dont worry, have had the same issue with various parts, not just CV's.... The so called correct CV for my paj did not fit, but one from a NH 3 ltr did, even though I was told repeatedly that it would not.

Cannot believe the price of genuine pajero parts. A genuine CV is around $1400... so have been using ones from Repco at about $300 a corner.
      NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

If you want to laugh at parts prices,
        go and ask Mits for front and rear brake pads for an NL.
        99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
        Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

Comment

And also a fitting price...
          Rofl
          99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
          Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

Comment

CV Shaft

I was just about to order a CV Shaft from http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/

Part number PSA751 NH - NL 5/91 - 1/00 So according to their website there is one for that entire range????

I am concerned now $153.00 for a Protex CV Shaft 3 Year/75000 Km warranty, but if it doesn't fit whats the bloody point???
            1999 NL GLS 3.5 Bog Standard, Mods to come (hopefully?)

Comment

Originally posted by Grungle1 View Post
              I was just about to order a CV Shaft from http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/

Part number PSA751 NH - NL 5/91 - 1/00 So according to their website there is one for that entire range????

I am concerned now $153.00 for a Protex CV Shaft 3 Year/75000 Km warranty, but if it doesn't fit whats the bloody point???
              Yes, it can be a real 'pita'....

If you have your old shaft out, istly check how many splines; should be 27 from memory.. & also measure the length. Ist one from Repco had the correct number of splines, but was a couple of mm too short.
              NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Hi Grungle1,

And don't forget the spacing of the bolt holes. Better to measure it and ask the seller for the spacing of the new one.

BTW, I got one which I believe is a genuine but second hand from a 95 Pajero, (After market ones might not be better quality than genuine second hand ones.) I can measure it for you, if yours suits, you can take it. It is wasted anyway.

Comment

go more on the motor size than the year model as 3L are rumoured to run the smaller bolt pattern than the 3.5's
                  94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

Originally posted by LordMayhem View Post
                    go more on the motor size than the year model as 3L are rumoured to run the smaller bolt pattern than the 3.5's
                    Exactly what I was told, but guess what a cv from a 3 ltr fitted. Was also told there is a difference between a cv for an auto & manual & again the cv was the same as the 3 ltr MANUAL.....

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

Was only the early 3ltr passenger side that had auto vs manual sized inner cv shaft for the different diff size. As of recently this is known to be not so accurate either and physical confirmation is still needed

The NL does have two sizes apparently for some reason
                      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Went through this nightmare on my NL with the front right shaft.

There are not only shafts with different bolt patterns , there are also shafts of different lenghts!.

The shaft that I switched from my 99 NL was about 5mm shorter than the shafts that went into the 97 NLs! (same bolt pattern though). It kept pulling the innershaft out of the diff centre & we (ie me & my diff guy) couldnt figure out why. It went back 3 or 4 times.

In the end I bit the bullet & sourced the complete right hand side of the front diff from a wreck the same month & year build date of my 97. Everything was the same EXCEPT the outer cv was 5mm longer than the one I had in that kept pulling out!!!

Talk about sensless changing of parts!!!
                        NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

Just got one from Thomastown.

2 year warranty.

PM me if you want the contact number.

Make sure you ask for the big one if your RH CV housing holes spacing is 9.1cm

Comment

hahaha luckily these are no longer issue's for me lol
                            94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

I am not really sure if this is a job I could do myself with my limited mechanical skills

I was going to order the complete shaft and get my mechanic to fit it. I am a bit concerned about paying for labor only to find that at the end of a 1- 2 hour job it doesn't fit, I will be checking my bolt hole distance etc...
                              1999 NL GLS 3.5 Bog Standard, Mods to come (hopefully?)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X