Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6g74 DOHC Lead orientation

Hi,

Just putting my engine back together. Wondering if anyone has a picture of the routing for the leads etc for correct firing order?

Nathan

Hope this helps
    Attached Files
    1994 NJ 2.8TD Shorty Pajero ARB Bullbar, 31's, Tailgate Table,6000K 7" HID Spotties, Uniden 80CH UHF, 35ltr Waeco

Comment

Originally posted by ENVSV6 View Post
      Hope this helps
      Thanks I take it the bottom of the picture is the view of the engine fwd.

Comment

Yes #1 & 2 are the front of the engine it was just a very quick pic I did in paint before having to go to work
        1994 NJ 2.8TD Shorty Pajero ARB Bullbar, 31's, Tailgate Table,6000K 7" HID Spotties, Uniden 80CH UHF, 35ltr Waeco

Comment

Thanks very much for you help.

Nathan

Comment

Hi sorry we are having major issues i need the firing order for my pajero exceed 02 model do you know the firong order to coils? Need help desperately goong interstate on friday

Comment

The firing order is moulded into the inlet manifold just infront of the coils
              Nm exceed twin tanks,genie extractors,sports exhaust,
              Ko2 all terrain, uhf radio, twin battery,arb bullbar,light bar.

More to come soon

Comment

Not sure about the DOHC, but it wasn't the firing order moulded into the intake manifold, but rather the individual HT lead numbers. My old NL had 3 coils, and I did the timing belt and fitted new leads at the same time. The bloody thing would not run properly. It backfired and ran only on 2 or 3 cylinders. I tried everything and eventually my wife said "What are those numbers over there?" (the numbers were cast into the intake manifold. I said that they were the casting part number, but she insisted that I try that sequence. Oh dear! she was right. I fitted the leads in that sequence, turned the key and VROOM - away it went. The numbers were well away from the coils, but the sequence was right.

By the way, the cylinder numbering as described above is correct, and as far as I know, the firing order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. It certainly is for the V6 SOHC engines.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X