Air bag sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bag sensors

I'm trying to fault find the constant srs light on the NL and I have a feeling the airbag sensors have been removed as I cannot find them anywhere near where they should be. A replacement clock spring has not fixed the issue so I went looking for all the plugs to give them a clean but to no avail for the actual srs airbag trigger sensors.

Does anyone have a pic of the sensors and where the wires route away from them?
    The sensors should be just on the front, either side of the condensor and if memory serves me correct they can be seen when looking behind the front grill from above.
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Not sure if this is relevant. But on BMWs once a fault in the SRS system is detected the light can only be reset using an OBD diagnostics tool even after the problem is fixed. (e.g. clock spring).

Comment

with regard to the OBD, it will need to be a proper program too, not just something like Torque etc...

Depending on where you are, there are guys that can reset the SRS ecu and they will be able to guide you with more detailed fault info too...

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by fgin View Post
        Not sure if this is relevant. But on BMWs once a fault in the SRS system is detected the light can only be reset using an OBD diagnostics tool even after the problem is fixed. (e.g. clock spring).
        Agree with the above comment, on the PB Challengers once you have an SRS light triggered it locks in a fault code in the SRS ECU that must be cleared by an OBD after the fault has been rectified. From what I have read, is that even if a plug in the system is disconnected whilst the battery is still connected or within several minutes of battery disconnection the system will throw a fault code. Apparently the same thing happens if the battery is disconnected or goes flat and the steering wheel is not centred with the wheels pointing straight ahead.
        If this happens on the Challengers it may well happen on Pajero's also.
        Modern Cars and electronics don't you just love them!

cheers, old Jack.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

I did suspect it had to be cleared but the fsm makes no mention of it needing to be cleared. Will recheck the fsm incase I skipped over it.
          It does mention that it needs a mut-II scanner to be read etc
          Not looking forward to that scan though as they charge a hefty price just to plug the thing in

The missing sensors is what really worries me at the moment, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough and I'm looking straight over them as I can't fathom why someone would remove them

I installed the clockspring correctly as well i.e clockwise until it locks then counterclockwise 3 turns and align the arrows.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel

Comment

Pauly there are two different version clock springs they used also if thats any help one has an extra wire. Also not sure of sensors at front ? They do have a "G" sensor usually mounted just behind handbrake under rear of centre console ? Have a spare passenger air bag if you need also.
            Cheers
            ps Let me know what you need ?

Comment

G force sensor behind handbrake is for the abs.

The ones I'm talking about are around 1/4 the size of that one and should be located either side of the condensor at the front. If you look down next to the A/C accumulator/reciever bottle you should see the wire going to it behind a plastic guard.

Comment

Yeah sorry Pauly lack of water and having a brain fade here
                Found it I believe next to radiator left hand ................ has a rubber boot over it ?
                Do you have a part number on it or you still can't find yours ?
                Cheers

Comment

Nah that's a relay for the air con lol
                  Exactly where that one is but on the frontside(not engine bay side). I've seen them there before on another Pajero.

I'll consult the fsm later and upload a pic

Comment

Here is the pic of where I remember it to be, just behind the plastic piece on both sides.

Here is the Diagram in the Mits ASA epc as well. Mits part number MB921288

Attached is an image of what they look like.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pauly just checked the one here and it doesn't have them there either ?

Comment

Never found them on mine but can see them on the NM
                        Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Paul,
                          Check the pics I just emailed, check my album as well,
                          Can't see any drivers side, but possibly one on passenger side,
                          Wiring joins the main loom, goes to the loom where the fan, and aircon wires go to.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by shambles; 15-11-13, 08:19 PM.
                          99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
                          Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

Comment

Thanks shannon, that looks like the one. Harness has the yellow plug and all(not the attached pic, the other one you sent me).
                            Does the yellow plug come from it?

I'll have a closer look when I get on the pc in a bit and make sure it's it.

Yeah the NM have them in plain sight, was looking at an NP sensor just the othet week and they are in plain sight as well.

Comment

Mines hard to see, a bit too much " additional" wiring in that area.
                              99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
                              Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X