2" lift so what rims/tyres ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" lift so what rims/tyres ?

So lifting the NH 2" this weekend and am in need of new tyres. Just wondering if I should go bigger than 31" tyres, say 32" Maybe even 33's ??
    Last edited by dazza33; 15-11-13, 07:29 PM.
    91 NH Dual Fuel 3ltr V6 Auto GLS Tri Pack with rear locker, 3" Lift, 33" Federal M/T, 100w 9" spotties & 3 stubby holders.

Im looking at a suspension lift next weekend too, and i have read on another thread that 33's should fit, but can scrub on the mud flap, so it needs to be taken off or cut.
    '93 NH 3Ltr V6 MAN, petrol\lpg, 31 ATs

Comment

I have just fitted 33's - with a 2" GQ lift they are brilliant. Definitely the way to go. I've just posted some pics of my build up.
      2011 NT 3.2, ARB bar, UHF, roof bars, dual battery, Lovells / Bilstein 2" lift, 12000lb winch

Comment

Originally posted by tonymOz View Post
        I have just fitted 33's - with a 2" GQ lift they are brilliant. Definitely the way to go. I've just posted some pics of my build up.
        No rubbing or anything?

Spose another question would be with the bigger tyres does that have an effect on the acuracy of the speedo?
        91 NH Dual Fuel 3ltr V6 Auto GLS Tri Pack with rear locker, 3" Lift, 33" Federal M/T, 100w 9" spotties & 3 stubby holders.

Comment

just watch for the soldiers of commerce, In QLD the police are on the hunt for $$ and a lifted 4x4 with no mod plate and many lifts (sus,tyre,body) is money in the bank.

And if you have ever belonged to a gentleman's motorcycle club its 15 years in the hole with a pink tracksuit.

only half joking.

LC

Comment

Originally posted by dazza33 View Post
            No rubbing or anything?

Spose another question would be with the bigger tyres does that have an effect on the acuracy of the speedo?
            No rubbing at all. The speedo is about 5% out - so at 95 I am actually sitting at 100, I watch the GPS a little closer now.

Here's a pic of what it looks like with the lift and 33's.

In WA they seem a bit more lenient and I haven't even copped a sideways glance. Seems they're more interested in Patrols and Toyota's.
            Attached Files
            2011 NT 3.2, ARB bar, UHF, roof bars, dual battery, Lovells / Bilstein 2" lift, 12000lb winch

Comment

I run 32" with no lift and no issues on an NL. They actually make the speedo more accurate than the 30" standard tyres.

Am about to do the GQ conversion when the new shocks arrive though.
              98 NL GLS - ARB compressor, LED conversion on all interior lights, GME UHF, Pioneer SD Stereo, Alloy bull bar, 13,500lb winch, Dual Batt, switch and outlet panel in place of useless centre pod, rear drawers

Under construction - GQ coils

Comment

Originally posted by tonymOz View Post
                Same, 0 offset 15" sunnies with 33 Bighorn-764 Muddies, just flicks the inner soft flap on full lock, nothing to worry about at all, and yeah, speedo is slightly out.

Comment

What about the width of the 33's, 12.5", using the original rims with the NH plastic flares i think i'm still going to be a bit wide?

Comment

cant put 12.5 wide tyres on standard rims.
                    1993 NJ LWB: UHF, bull bar, 2" Iron man coils/T-bars, 30mm coil spacers, 35mm body lift, long travel RS5000s, Cranked T-bars, lokka, 35x12.5 GoodYear MTR, light force 170s, Duel battery with selectable volt meter, roof basket, 9.5" rear diff - more to come!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X