steering componants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering componants

I just about to order some tie rod ends and ball joints for my nl, what else should I order??
    2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

hows the idler arm?
    If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

hi bakerboy, I would prefer to replace them all at the same time thats why I need to know what I should get. thanx. ok, I have inner and outer tie rod ends for left and right side, 2 front upper and 2 front lower ball joints, so should I also get idler arm and pitman arm?
      2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

Pitman arm too.

If the concern is too much play in the steering, it's a good idea to have a mate rock the steering wheel from side to side as you check the play down the steering column, steering box, pitman arm, idler arm and tie rod ends. You can see the play readily enough just by looking at each component while the steering is in use.
        Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

Try to get components that include a grease nipple. While strictly not necessary on cars, if you do water crossings regularly it's a good idea to push grease in to displace the water afterwards.
          Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

+1 greasable joints are a big bonus.

Hows your upper control arm bushes? Might be worth doing them and greasing your wheel bearings while you're at it.

Are you planning on doing a wheel alignment afterwards?
            97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
            97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

yes andy I will be getting ones with nipples, and pauly yes wheel bearings and wheel alignment will be done. I just had someone move the steering wheel back and forward while I was under the front looking at each component and I couldn't see any extra movement, I tightened the steering box up a bit while I was at it, bloody hard to get at when its lifted 4".

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X