Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Plug

I found this in the floor - drivers side this morning,
    anyone ever seen it before, and can tell me what it it, and where it goes back.
    had a bit of a shaky drive yesterday, so I suspect it came loose from somewhere.

Thanks.
    Shambles
    Attached Files
    99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
    Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

power windows maybe?
    1994 NJ 2.8TD Shorty Pajero ARB Bullbar, 31's, Tailgate Table,6000K 7" HID Spotties, Uniden 80CH UHF, 35ltr Waeco

Comment

looks like someone before you may have put this in to allow the windows to work whether the key is in the ignition or not. common mod, can't say for sure but that's what it looks like
      1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods

Comment

No, windows were never bypassed ( Unless they were at some stage, but the plug came loose 10 years ago before I bought the car )
        I've tried every other button, function, and control from the drivers seat, everything in the car seems to be working correctly, so its got me miffed.
        The only thing I dont have working is the factory CD stacker ( to be expected, as it was in 3 inches of lovely silt laden water under the passenger seat )
        I will just toss the plug into the glovebox, and maybe something will pop up in the future.
        99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.

Comment

Any spots around the ECU/fuse box area?
          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Any of the local wreckers got your same model vehicle ?
            It could be worth crawling around to see if you can spot that same socket/plug
            2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
            2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Hi mate,
              I went out yesterday and pulled the panel off under steering wheel to have a good look and I couldn't see that plug anywhere
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

I'm putting it down to the Twilight Zone.
                everything seems to work, but somewhere a random plug is missing.

Comment

It looks like a plug to pin out or bypass a relay to diagnose a fault. It might have been left there ages ago and became dislodged after some intense 4 by Action!
                  2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
                  GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.

Comment

Mysterious plug

This response is a bit late, but just noticed this post while scrolling back to find one I wanted. That plug looks like a terminating plug fitted to the drivers side loom behind the panel in the cargo area. This is where the remote locking units would be, if fitted. It allows the roof lights to come on when the doors open (if that is how you have set the roof switch.) I think there might be a similar looking bypass plug on the left side related to the factory diff lock or ABS circuits. Cant imagine how it fell out of that location - perhaps the same system was used under the dash for some other circuit.
                    Our trucks usually have the wiring in place for most of the options even when they are not fitted. Hope this helps.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X