Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does the altenator harness run?

Hi all.
    I have an NH pajero with a 2.5l intercooled turbo diesel. The engine was out of the vehicle when I got it. I have now put the engine back in and mostly hooked up but I can't work out where the wiring harness for the alternator runs.

It starts on the passenger side of the engine bay but the alrenator is on the driver's side of the engine. I assume it runs along a cross member somewhere but the electronic manuals I have looked at only seem to show the wiring looms for the petrol engines.

I got a DVD with a bunch of different workshop manuals on it but here doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason the the way they're named and organised. I can zip it up and upload it if anyone wiser than me would like to have a look.

In the mean time can anyone explains where the alternator wiring harness runs to get to the other side of the motor without running foul of any heat/moving parts?

Is this something usually shown in a Haynes manual or is it reserved for the proper workshop manuals?

Thanks in advance.
    1993 NH GLS 2.5L intercooled turbo diesel. LWB, 7 seat. Factory so far (I think).
    My introduction thread

I ran mine under the radiator brackets , there's a plastic cover that screws on to cover the loom as well , at least that's on the 2.8 deisel not sure if the 2.5 is the same

Comment

on both the 3.5l and 4m40 motors it runs across the top of the radiator support panel under a plastic cover then goes into the wheel arch and comes out near the master cylinder before going to the alternator.
      Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
      Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by nvmpaj View Post
        I ran mine under the radiator brackets , there's a plastic cover that screws on to cover the loom as well , at least that's on the 2.8 deisel not sure if the 2.5 is the same
        It doesn't look like it. I can't see anything like what you're describing under the rasdiatyor.
        1993 NH GLS 2.5L intercooled turbo diesel. LWB, 7 seat. Factory so far (I think).
        My introduction thread

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
          on both the 3.5l and 4m40 motors it runs across the top of the radiator support panel under a plastic cover then goes into the wheel arch and comes out near the master cylinder before going to the alternator.
          There's no way it will reach that far. I've got a 2.5l 4D56T.
          My introduction thread

Comment

On my 4m40 it runs down under the sump. Not sure if the 4d56 is the same but on the front of my sump there are little tabs that bend to secure the harness in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              On my 4m40 it runs down under the sump. Not sure if the 4d56 is the same but on the front of my sump there are little tabs that bend to secure the harness in place.
              Ah yes I remember now yeah mine did that but I moved mine to the radiator position , sorry to confuse you.

Comment

Will these help you out.
                Not sure if cover turbo's but is 4d56 engine.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  I didn't spot any there but I will have a closer look tomorrow. We ended up running it along the front diff. The good news is she lives. Fired her up and ran up and down the street. I think the injectors are in need of a service as it won't idle under 1k. It is blowing black smoke though some of that may have been old diesel burning out of the exhaust as it started to clear up a bit the more it ran.
                  My introduction thread

Comment

Originally posted by karmar View Post
                    Will these help you out.
                    Not sure if cover turbo's but is 4d56 engine.
                    The tablet won't open them, I'll check on the PC and let you know. Thank you.
                    My introduction thread

Comment

Working...
                    X