before going 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before going 4x4

pajs seems to be behaving itself now, ill be going over it a couple of times through the week before going to wambat on the weekend. it is not my daily drive so when i get home ive been taking it for a spin to make shure nothing is going to play up.

just wanted to ask for sugestions as any regular checks you guys do before you go out 4wheelin??? other then cooling system and oils???

cant wait to go out but really worried about the paj shiting itself while im out..
    '93 NH 3Ltr V6 MAN, petrol\lpg, 31 ATs

Just fluid levels, tyre condition including spare. Jack and wheel brace is in the car. Recovery gear is in good order. Drinks, munchies and your phone should be fully charged in case you need it. And maps of the area. Worst case you may need to call for help from a mate. Would not be the first, I have been called out several times this year, I will be away this week (sunny Brisbane) so cannot offer any assistance should you need it.
    SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

Here's what I usually take as a minimum:

Phone
      Phone charger
      12v battery pack/jump starter
      UHF
      MAPS + GPS
      Shovel
      Jack
      Tools+Jumper leadds
      Snatch Strap and Shackles
      Snacks
      Plenty of water
      Sleeping bag (it gets cold in the bush if you get stranded as happened to my mate in Toolangi)

Let someone know where you are going, in case it all goes pear shaped
      2012 NW with some fruit

Comment

thanks for the response guys ill be checking that off my list for shure, i would have liked to go out with the guys last weekend to wombat but the pajs was missbehaving, ill be meeting a couple of people there that have been 4x4ing up around there before

Comment

Make sure you can undo the wheel nuts. Tyre shops sometimes do the nuts up REALLY tight.
          TIME IS RUTHLESS.
          A Subaru '16 Outback Diesel has finally replaced the NH Pajero. (Also had an NA once upon a time). Still got an 89 Sierra.

Comment

Originally posted by alchemysa View Post
            Make sure you can undo the wheel nuts. Tyre shops sometimes do the nuts up REALLY tight.
            Yeah, A good quality breaker bar and the correct socket is invaluable for making life easier when the wheel nuts are on tight. Even better is a good quality socket set that contains the breaker bar, 21mm socket required as well as other bits for when things go bad:

http://www.bunnings.com.au/stanley-1...-set-_p6110365
            2012 NW with some fruit

Comment

In my honest opinion, grab a big 500mm breaker bar. Those little ones in the kits are decent but a big bar makes it even easier again.
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

and the most important thing to take is a patrol to tow you home when the paj breaks down. this item saved my arse more times then a care to count when i owned a paj
                94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

this item saved my arse more times then a care to count when i owned a paj

James I'm curious why is that ? Do Patrols come with a bag of corks in the glove box ?

Comment

hahaha some do lol
                    94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

Originally posted by LordMayhem View Post
                      and the most important thing to take is a patrol to tow you home when the paj breaks down. this item saved my arse more times then a care to count when i owned a paj
                      LM I remember how much you loved your paj
                      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

i did until it broke down 4 times in 4 trips over 2 or 3 months costing me more than i had lol
                        94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

LM what sort of things broke down on your paj?? thats what im really concened about?? is the paj shitting itself out on the tracks

Comment

Just don't drive like a twat and you'll be right mate. Go with another car the first couple of times til your confidence in yours is up. Poke all the mud with a stick or better yet get someone dumber than you to go through first. Wombat has some holes that are WAY deeper than they look.
                            MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                            Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by LordMayhem View Post
                              At least you got to go offroad in yours. Mine would shit itself at the very mention of offroad.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X