Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

diff lock nj 3.0 auto to nl 3.5 manual ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diff lock nj 3.0 auto to nl 3.5 manual ????

just wondering on some info as i have a nj 3.0 litre auto with factory rear diff lock and have just purchased a nl 3.5 litre manual and would like to swap the diff lock over is this possible and compatabile
    97 NL 3.5 l manual many mod to do lift springs + body , front locker,custom tube bar front+rear , custom slidders,uhf,lights,winch,rear drawers, roof rack,rooftop tent,and who knows what else

Not a direct swap no.
    Plus the 3litre would be a weak link and probably just break or snap axles on the 3.5ltr.
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
      Not a direct swap no.
      Plus the 3litre would be a weak link and probably just break or snap axles on the 3.5ltr.

but can i just swap the factory diff lock only ??
      97 NL 3.5 l manual many mod to do lift springs + body , front locker,custom tube bar front+rear , custom slidders,uhf,lights,winch,rear drawers, roof rack,rooftop tent,and who knows what else

Comment

The diff centre, no.
        Would have to swap whole diff over and change the prop shaft flange to mate the pinion flange on the diff.
        What I was saying is the 3.5ltr power plant would kill the 3litre diff in no time.
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

different size center and housing also there is only one ratio that matches up between the 2 (4.875) unless you got matching front diff. either way though the 3.5L will snap the 3L axles on demand
          94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X