No announcement yet.

Super Select Lights - Rear Axle Broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Select Lights - Rear Axle Broken?

I know that my super select lights tell me when I have or haven't engaged various drive options but now when I have high ratio, two wheel drive selected only one light on the rear axle comes on.

Does that mean I have a broken axle or something? It drives ok.

Mark
    Mark in Research
    NM GLX Manual 4M41 with clean ashtray and 2 DIN ICE

Hahaha - when I am in 2WD I get no rear lights - but all appears to be well! Haven't checked - probably bulbs - but I'm not going to bother.

Cheers
    2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

the lack of rear light will just be a bulb.

the only other time they will turn off is when you select N on the 4wd shift lever. I think.
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

just a bulb, don't worry bout it.

Comment

Doesn't it indicate that a wheel fell off

Kidding of course - the bulb is pretty easy to change but like some others you may not bother about it.
          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....r=520127855601

I put these in mine, a lot better then the original dull green it was before.
            97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
            97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

What colour did you use Paul? I know there is a green lens on the dash.
              Rick
              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
              New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Just used green. I was going to use white but thought the green lense might not be able to filter it enough and just become a pale green so I went for the green ones and they look pretty good.
                Gonna get some of the other colours and some white (rear illumination).
                97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel

Comment

I've noticed the cruise control switch bulb is no longer lighting up. However the dash lights up when cruise is active. I removed the switch and can see a T1 type bulb. Anyone know where those can be sourced ?

Comment

eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Eiko-7219...b4fb2dd&_uhb=1
                    99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.
                    Rear telescopic LED light and Hi Lift Jack, 3 X 2.5M awning, Treds.

Comment

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
                      What colour did you use Paul? I know there is a green lens on the dash.
                      Rick
                      Rick,
                      Mine are green led as well, just a tad brighter than original, but shouldn't pop...
                      Attached Files
                      99 NL Exceed Manual, TJM Alloy bar, 33" Summit Mud Hogs, 7" HID spots, 18" LED Lightbar, Uniden UH7760, snorkel, 13,000lb rope winch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
                        http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....r=520127855601

I put these in mine, a lot better then the original dull green it was before.
                        Paul do they just plug straight in as they come, or do you have to do something to them to get them to fit?

Geoff
                        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Plug in, hardest part is getting the old glass ones out, without breaking them.
                          And the plugs in the panel can be tricky to remove if you have chunky hands.
                          Lastly, LED are polarized, so only work one way, you may need to spin the housing in 180 degrees if backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by shambles View Post
                            Plug in, hardest part is getting the old glass ones out, without breaking them.
                            And the plugs in the panel can be tricky to remove if you have chunky hands.
                            Lastly, LED are polarized, so only work one way, you may need to spin the housing in 180 degrees if backwards.
                            +1 plug and play and old globes are hard to get out. Hit them with wd40 before trying to pull them out. I used pliers and gave the globe a jiggle as I pulled and most came straight out but 2 of them were a bit stubborn.

I just disconnected the plugs and pulled it off to replace the globes, reconnected plugs but left dash unscrew and checked the lights were working, the ones that werent I flipped 180 and off I went

Comment

Bought my Pajero with 2 working 4WD lights, after I while the other two came back one by one. Suddenly within 1-2 weeks all four are gone. Guess I have to push her now.
                              See my Pajero NL 3500 SOHC @ DownThunder

Pajeros in Action

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X