2006 exceed dash lights and no brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 exceed dash lights and no brakes

Hi all I'm new to this site and stumbled across it looking for a cause of an issue i'm having with 2006 pajero exceed petrol on gas. I wonder if someone maybe can help out?

We have had the gas conversion for a couple of years now with no dramas except the odd dash light coming on. But lately alot of dash lights have been coming in engine, handbrake, traction control, etc. and the headlights would get stronger and weaker and the aircon fan would blow harder and softer, surging kind of thing. Then today an alarm started squealing in the cabin and half an hour later the brakes stopped working, luckily we pulled it up without an accident.

So now I need to get the issues sorted out properly, I did some searching and found the brake issue could have been caused by the abs relays being water damaged as this gives the exact same symptoms of the squealing alarm and then no brakes. I have checked the relays and they seem fine. I will take it to the dealer tomorrow if I cannot find something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brad.

Originally posted by bradsmith View Post
    Hi all I'm new to this site and stumbled across it looking for a cause of an issue i'm having with 2006 pajero exceed petrol on gas. I wonder if someone maybe can help out?

We have had the gas conversion for a couple of years now with no dramas except the odd dash light coming on. But lately alot of dash lights have been coming in engine, handbrake, traction control, etc. and the headlights would get stronger and weaker and the aircon fan would blow harder and softer, surging kind of thing. Then today an alarm started squealing in the cabin and half an hour later the brakes stopped working, luckily we pulled it up without an accident.

So now I need to get the issues sorted out properly, I did some searching and found the brake issue could have been caused by the abs relays being water damaged as this gives the exact same symptoms of the squealing alarm and then no brakes. I have checked the relays and they seem fine. I will take it to the dealer tomorrow if I cannot find something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brad.
    G'day mate, might have more luck posting it in the gen4-1 section as most of our old beasties here in gen2 land aren't quite so fancy as yours. Could try pulling some ECU fault codes for it as a first step.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X