Fuel guage issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel guage issues?

any one aware of fuel gauge issues in these vehicles? I have a NH and the gauge just started playing up . all of a sudden. where should I look ?

More then likely the sender in the fuel tank.
    What's it actually doing?
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Gen3 Pajero's are very well known for temp and fuel guage issues. I think I've heard that a few Gen2's have suffered the same problems as the Gen3 but don't quote me on that!!!

The Gen3 problem is caused by a faulty resistor in the "whiteboard" which is located in the circuit board behind the instrument cluster. I think it's known as the "PCB" The problem affects both the fuel and temperature guages.

It might be a long shot for this to be the same problem as you have with your NH but it would certainly be worth a search in the Gen3 forum to get some info.

Cheers
      Martin
      Sold my faithful old NL Paj as of July 2015. Moved over to an MU-X. Fond memories of the Paj. Was just to heavy on fuel for towing the van.

Comment

It was working perfectly fine. Then started it the other day and the gauge decided to do nothing. Occasionally it will go up then back down again. Mostly nothing.

Comment

Mine fuel gauge plays up sometime, if you fill it up it tends to go away, but i dont trust mine, Im on LPG mostly and just use petrol to start. Ive read the sender unit goes and for me that is a bitch to replace because my LPG tank is on top of it
          04 NP Exceed
          3.8 V6
          My 2nd car and boat tow vehicle
          I love her

Comment

No pcb board on gen2, they're not that fancy haha . Just printed circuit strip.
            Will be your sender most likely mate. Contact bogger and see if he has one available. He's the go to man for parts
            97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
            97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X