Central locking playing up big time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking playing up big time

Tried to get my shopping done and whe I drove out of my driveway the doors locked.
    Did not worry too much as I thought I pressed mine down with the elbow.
    At the car park I could not get out my damn car anymore!!
    All doors deadlocked and no chance to pull the pins up.
    No reaction from the remote other than (de)activating the alarm system.
    Went back home to save me climbing out of the window and leave the car open and back home all worked fine again...
    Tried it a few times and no issues at all, so I closed the door...
    In the same moment the door was closed all locks went down too (not pressing any buttons) and now I have a nice car in my driveway that won't let me in
    Already bent a kay trying to open the door with it, so same problem like trying to pull the pins up.
    By the way: the door handles won't open the door either when locked.

Obvious question now: How the hell do I get access to my car without smashing the windows?
    And for what reason is there a deadlock function built in?
    '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
    Password for all my files: downunder

I had an old falcon with the deadbolt option.. If you turned the key the otherway it would lock the car inside and out, until you went to that lock and turned it the other way. could the Paj have something like that? check the passenger door and boot locks..
    1998 NL GLS, ARB Bull bar, GME UHF, Rhino Rack roof cage, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Mickey Thompson ATZ, Long range tank, Snorkle & Rallye 2000 Driving lights.

9000lbs Winch (Arrived - Now needs to be installed)

Comment

thats a new one . do you have the child safety door locks set to the ON position ? you should be able to unlock either the front doors or the rear tailgate door via the key . also do you have another remote you can try ?
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Have heard of this happening in two ways,
        1)
        it wont be a factory remote most likely on a 94 model,most likely it is an aftermarket unit and it has decided it has had enough.would say

is pretty simple to wire in a new one once the car decides to let you in of course.
        2)
        or the only other time i have heard of this happening is when the lock switch on the door shorted and locked everything and they rocked the car till it suddenly started to work and then promptly replaced the switch
        Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
        Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Well, I made it in through the barn door - nice to climb through the whole car...
          But still no luck getting any othe door to open
          Went for a drive on some bad roads in the hope there is a losse contact or similar and noticed that there is a buzzing noise every now and then.
          Right side of the dash, about half way down from the speaker.
          Sounds like a relay that won't stay on.
          Only problem is that with the damn dorr still closed I have no chance to get in that area.
          Tried to break my back while laying on the seat and trying to a visual or at least my hands in there.

And yes, the alarmis aftermarket, the central locking original, so only the activation for the locks comes by signal from the remote/alarm.
          That part seems to still work as I can hear the relay working and every now and then even the door knobs wiggle - but they won't come up.

I was thinking that there might be one of the electric motors stuck and being stuck the closed signal will override the remote.
          But again, how do you check the system with the damn doors closed...
          Raining now anyway, so giving up for today.
          Fresh start tomorrow.
          '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....

Comment

Disconnect the battery and use the key? should be able to get the door open then..
            Last edited by bigfella78; 28-11-13, 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling
            1998 NL GLS, ARB Bull bar, GME UHF, Rhino Rack roof cage, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Mickey Thompson ATZ, Long range tank, Snorkle & Rallye 2000 Driving lights.

9000lbs Winch (Arrived - Now needs to be installed)

Comment

Originally posted by bigfella78 View Post
              Disconnect the battery and use the key? should be able to get the door open then..
              +1
              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Have you tried pulling the pin up on one of the other doors? They should always unlock from the pin regardless of what the central locking is doing.

I would also check where the alarm triggers the central locking usually under the dash steering wheel side. A test light will tell you what signal is being sent to the door actuators. Finding your way under the dash with the doors closed usually requires a fair amount of flexibility
                NJ Pajero 3500 DOHC AUTO

Comment

Have to check the battery tomorrow and no - while the doors are locked this way you can not pull the pins up, like they are glued in place

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder35m View Post
                    Well, I made it in through the barn door - nice to climb through the whole car...
                    But still no luck getting any othe door to open
                    Went for a drive on some bad roads in the hope there is a losse contact or similar and noticed that there is a buzzing noise every now and then.
                    Right side of the dash, about half way down from the speaker.
                    Sounds like a relay that won't stay on.
                    Only problem is that with the damn dorr still closed I have no chance to get in that area.
                    Tried to break my back while laying on the seat and trying to a visual or at least my hands in there.

And yes, the alarmis aftermarket, the central locking original, so only the activation for the locks comes by signal from the remote/alarm.
                    That part seems to still work as I can hear the relay working and every now and then even the door knobs wiggle - but they won't come up.

I was thinking that there might be one of the electric motors stuck and being stuck the closed signal will override the remote.
                    But again, how do you check the system with the damn doors closed...
                    Raining now anyway, so giving up for today.
                    Fresh start tomorrow.
                    That's where the central locking controller is, back of the front right speaker. Perhaps disconnecting the module may help. If not then the signal is a negative pulse to open and close the locks.

Info from the NJ central locking post:
                    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...locking&page=2

"For the people that want to connect there NH/NJ central locking near the fuse compartment

Locate the central locking control unit behind the drivers speaker in the dash, its just above the fuse box with a few other relays on a plastic block thats bolted down with 2x 10mm bolts, the biggest "box" (on the left) on that plastic block is the central locking controller.. If you Unbolt the plastic block you will notice theres a black with red stripe wire and a black with blue stripe wire going to the central locking controller..

Black with red stripe = NEGATIVE pulse "LOCK" signal
                    Black with blue stripe = NEGATIVE pulse "UN-LOCK" signal

as already pointed out please MAKE SURE your alarm/immobiliser system uses "NEGATIVE PULSE" lock/unlock before tapping onto these wires or you will do more damage than the job is worth !!"

Cheers . . . Mike
                    Last edited by M Roadster; 28-11-13, 08:28 PM.

Comment

maybe this issue in the background?

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9994

Comment

If the lock can't be opened then I'd say the central locking box is stuck constantly in "lock" position. Disconnect the box and it should allow manual operation for time being.

Never had this one before, normally it's the dreaded rapid lock, lock, lock, lock
                        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Well, again with the help from you guys I'm up and running.
                          Disconnected the batteries after climbing through th back again and was able to unlock the door manually.
                          This bloody holder for the relais had everything wobbeling aroung in it!
                          Not a single one was sitting flat and quare as it should.
                          Sure enough, after pushing everything back into place the central locking worked as normal again.
                          They should build these things a bit better as I'm not willing to blame it on my driving - after all, a little bit of bouncing in the old quarry should not cause a relais to drop out of it's holder...

Might check all the other things I can find over the weekend in case something else came loose.
                          Still don't understand why the car was deadlocked as now I can pull the pins up whenever I want and if locked with alarm the alram goes off when I pull.
                          Strange things happen I guess, just glad it did not happen in a situation where I have to get out of the car quickly.

Comment

The lock pulse triggers the actuator in a short burst in normal operation. Sounds like the loose relay/s were causing contiuous lock instead of a short burst.
                            Glad you god it sorted mate, that would drive me clinically insane lol
                            97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                            97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Tell me about it...
                              Not nice to be in a car park and unable to leave the car ROFL
                              Let's hope it won't play up again.

Comment

Working...
                              X