15x8 rims for a Gen 2 pajero..offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15x8 rims for a Gen 2 pajero..offset?

Heya guys, done a bit of research on the net but cannot seem to find the answers I need so thought I'd post here.

I have a gen 2 pajero (NL??), that I'm thinking about fitting some 32x11.5x15s to.

I am looking to buy some 15x8 spoked steel rims to fit these on, but am not to sure on what offset I require? I just want something that is not going to cause gaurd rub.

I assume that these pajeros will be able to clear 32's with standard height suspension?

Any help is much appreciated
    Last edited by Jonos; 01-12-13, 05:42 PM.

Personally, I would choose a zero offset rim. This will provide a slightly wider track than factory alloys, and help correct changes to the scrub radius that come from fitting taller tyres.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

If your going to buy new rims then I would agree with NJ SWB.
      I used to run the same size tyre your after on the standard Paj rims without any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
        Personally, I would choose a zero offset rim. This will provide a slightly wider track than factory alloys, and help correct changes to the scrub radius that come from fitting taller tyres.
        ^^

Comment

Cheers guys.. the hunt begins for a set of 15x8 zero offset.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonos View Post
            Cheers guys.. the hunt begins for a set of 15x8 zero offset.
            dont NL have 16's due to the larger brakes??
            All my Nls have had 16s.
            NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
              dont NL have 16's due to the larger brakes??
              All my Nls have had 16s.
              My NL Escape (GLX Escape) came stock with 15" and has smaller front brakes than the upper spec models.

Cheers
              2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

To be honest, im not too sure what model it is. Still a new vehicle to me.

Have been told it is a NL but one of you boys might be able to confirm what model it is? Is a high top model and has very basic interior, vinyl floor, seats and door trims. Wind up windows e.t.c.

I believe the rims are 15x6.

Heres a pic off the auction that I bought the vehicle from.

Comment

correct 2.8td nl
                  Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                  Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but GLS and Exceed need 15x8 with -20 offset due to brakes. The rest of the models can all go with the 15x8 with 0 offset.

I was looking at getting 16x8s for my escape and it seems 0 offset is the go (sits in a bit more and avoids the need for extra on the flares)
                    1999 NL Escape
                    33" Mudhogs, snorkel, winchbar with 12000lb winch, suspension seats, dual batteries, suspension seats, double DIN android stereo with reverse cam

Comment

Originally posted by BerKo View Post
                      Correct me if I am wrong but GLS and Exceed need 15x8 with -20 offset due to brakes.
                      Sorry, that's wrong. Gen 2 GLS and Exceed came with 15x7 or 16x7, with +10 offset.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                        Sorry, that's wrong. Gen 2 GLS and Exceed came with 15x7 or 16x7, with +10 offset.
                        That would mean that you would need approx -15 for an 8" rim to sit the same distance from the strut/brake. Pretty sure that's the reason for requiring cruiser offset on 8" for those models.
                        1999 NL Escape
                        33" Mudhogs, snorkel, winchbar with 12000lb winch, suspension seats, dual batteries, suspension seats, double DIN android stereo with reverse cam

Comment

Originally posted by BerKo View Post
                          That would mean that you would need approx -15 for an 8" rim to sit the same distance from the strut/brake. Pretty sure that's the reason for requiring cruiser offset on 8" for those models.
                          Brakes sit inside the rim - they aren't affected by offset.

Have a look at the front end of a Gen 2 - there is no "strut" anywhere near the inside of the rim.

I've had 16x8 with zero offset on my NJ for about 9 years. They're even engineered.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

I find myself in a very similar position with my 05/94 NJ and this thread has been great.

So pros and cons between a 15" and 16" rim?
                            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X