glove box jammed shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glove box jammed shut

The top glove box on my np pajero is jammed in the closed position. Can anyone help me please. It has a slide mechanism i can press it in halfway but no further I've removed the bottom glove box but can't get to the top glove box. The manual shows that you have to open it to get to the screws around the frame. That's the trouble i can't open the lid. Can anyone help please.

Originally posted by jeffo View Post
    The top glove box on my np pajero is jammed in the closed position. Can anyone help me please. It has a slide mechanism i can press it in halfway but no further I've removed the bottom glove box but can't get to the top glove box. The manual shows that you have to open it to get to the screws around the frame. That's the trouble i can't open the lid. Can anyone help please.
    There's a few posts about this issue. You can drill the plastic of the latch cover out and use the key. Believe it or not.
    BTW, you posted in Gen 2.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

glove box jammed

Thank s sorry wrong site mine s a gen 3 .my top glove box lid doesn't have a key to open the lid just the slide to the right catch. All the twisting probing just hasn't done it let alone 3 hrs of wasted time. I'd rather not destroy it. But it's looking pretty good at this point.??-

Comment

glove box jammed

Have read all the stuff about rectifying the solution and will drill out the centre of the lock until i get to the key entry. Will have go tomorrow thanks again for your help

Comment

Thanks job done. A very simple job swapped locks over and looks good. There was nothing jammed in the glove box causing the issue. I reckon it's the lock inside the latch that's just decided to move and lock itself. I did have trouble turning the key once exposed had to get my locksmith mate with his pickers to turn the key.thanks again

Comment

Awesome. Another satisfied customer from information supplied by the Paj community
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

My Journeys

Comment

Wile mine is still opening is there a way to fix before it sticks?
              Rick
              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
              New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Just leave it open so the lid never fully closes LOL
                I would try to take the whole locking mechanism out, give it good ultrasonic clean in methylated spirits and re-grease the lot.
                '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Flammable liquid in an ultrasonic cleaner....Not a wise recommendation

My Journeys

Comment

As a matter of fact this is the standard cleaning procedure for most electronics and mechanical parts.
                    It eliminates waters as the spirit helps dissoving it (and the evaporation after the cleaning), removes most of the loos particles like metal debris and removes grease and grime pretty good.
                    Using inflamable liquids like alcohols or acetone in an ultrasonic cleaner is common practise and has absolutely no affects in terms of fires risks.
                    there is nothing to cause a spark or ignite the liquids unless you prefer smoking right next to it....
                    Depending on the job I use
                    Acetone
                    Various sorts of alcohol
                    Various soaps
                    and special cleaning products
                    to clean parts in my ultrasonic cleaner.
                    So if you have any problems using hazardous or flameable liquids in an ultrasonic cleaner, please explain why you think there is a problem as I can't see the problem....
                    '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                    Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder35m View Post
                      As a matter of fact this is the standard cleaning procedure for most electronics and mechanical parts.
                      It eliminates waters as the spirit helps dissoving it (and the evaporation after the cleaning), removes most of the loos particles like metal debris and removes grease and grime pretty good.
                      Using inflamable liquids like alcohols or acetone in an ultrasonic cleaner is common practise and has absolutely no affects in terms of fires risks.
                      there is nothing to cause a spark or ignite the liquids unless you prefer smoking right next to it....
                      Depending on the job I use
                      Acetone
                      Various sorts of alcohol
                      Various soaps
                      and special cleaning products
                      to clean parts in my ultrasonic cleaner.
                      So if you have any problems using hazardous or flameable liquids in an ultrasonic cleaner, please explain why you think there is a problem as I can't see the problem....

http://www.ctgclean.com/tech-blog/20...d-ultrasonics/

http://wssproducts.wilhelmsen.com/me...ion-manual.pdf

"The unit must be operated with aqueous cleaning media only.
                      Flammable liquids must not be treated by ultrasound directly in
                      the cleaning tank: risk of fire and explosion!"

Comment

And not only that, but the friction from the waves between the solution's particles and cavitation elevates the temperature of the solution, further enhancing the "fogging". Get the air/gas ratio right, and a fire/explosion risk is potentially very real. Ignition could come from the unit itself or an external factor. A stray static charge for example being one you wouldn't give a second thought to.

If you want to use alcohol as a de-watering agent (of which it does a superb job), Then immense it in a separate static bath after the ultrasonic process.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X