NL 3.5L tensioner pulley Torque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 3.5L tensioner pulley Torque?

Having replaced the valve stem seals, plugs and cleaner the lash adjusters on my 293k engine, it is now time for the timing belt and water pump.

I have read many threads but cannot find a definitive answer on the intial tension of the tensioner pulley against the timing belt. My manual says to insert the special tool ( I have made one) and apply 4.4nm using a torque wrench, then tighten the pulley bolt. Another article says 9.4nm of torque.
    Can someone please advise?
    Thanks

i would say the tension would be more the 9. nm plus use some Lock-tite.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

+1 little bit of loctite helps prevent it working loose.

For me the tension I have always used has the hyd tensioner rod not move out when securing pin is released. Someone on here not long ago quoted someone who said "just enough so the tensioner pushes onto the hyd tensioner rod enough so the securing pin wriggles freely" which is about where I set it to. If you tension to much so the securing pin comes free then goes hard to pull out again because the hyd tensioner rod is pushed back to far then it's to much.
      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X