axle seal into pass side front diff NJ 3l manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle seal into pass side front diff NJ 3l manual

Had a quick search, because I was sure someone mentioned this seal before. I have just overhauled the drive shafts and noticed that the seal that fits into the diff on the passenger side is pretty hard, so want to replace it while I have the shafts out. Does anyone have a part number and where to buy please? thanks guys
    2005 MK Triton GLS 2.8TD manual, some fruit, much more to come.
    retired .. '94 NJ, GLS, swb, 3.0l

There are two seals depending on whether you have the 8" diff 28spline or 7.25" diff 25spline cv.
    The spline count is on the inner shaft that goes into the diff on passenger side.

7.25" 25spline (32mmdia shaft) is kelpro number 98231
    8" 28 spline (35mmdia shaft) is kelpro number 98232
    Get them off ebay, eziautoparts.com.au, online autos or just order through repco or auto one etc.
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

thanks Pauly, much appreciated its a 8".

Comment

I did this seal 6 mths ago. $12.50 from Burson Auto I think. I had to use a 3kg slide hammer to get mine out and obviously destroyed it in the process, so once I started I couldn't stop. Hopefully yours will be easier.
        Phil
        Last edited by Dadeo; 09-12-13, 10:04 AM. Reason: more info
        '94 NJ GLS 2.8 TD Manual

Comment

genuine was cheapest (country town)

well it was difficult to get out but did eventually come out with a rush..lol. I couldn't get one anywhere after market in Mt Gambier, was quoted days to get it, from $23 to $35 all after market. Bursons was $15 and 15 freight don't know how they justify it!! Anyway ended up at Mitsi dealer thinking they would be dearest ...... $18.95.... genuine ....thank you very much!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X