Shorty's getting some mods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorty's getting some mods!

Well I've finally got around to getting some mods done to the Shorty while I'm back in Melb.

A few weeks ago she got fitted with some D697s. Have put photos up previously of that so won't do another specific photo of that!

The first projects while waiting for the bulbar to arrive was to get the UHF and spotlight wiring in, and then fit the bar and the antenna/lights to the bar.

Plastic face easily removed to allow access

Cut the back of the black plastic out and slot the UHF in. The gaps either side of the radio are filled in with a metal bracket which is screwed into from outside of the plastic. It stops sideways and also fore/aft movement of the radio.

Old bumper off

Bullbar and HIDs fitted. Lights are a bit big for the bar, I may fix this at some stage!

The bar also got some new indicator lights, the old ones were cactus!

Spottie switch

Replacement bash plate- thanks Rick (my.paj)! Getting a bit of re-shaping done with the help of vehicle weight!

Antenna fitted via bracket

Very old set of air-horns fitted. Not the greatest of locations, might get drowned if it goes thru water but until then they will do!

Video to get a quick sound blast - http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Ale...071e7.mp4.html

Replaced a whole bunch of bolts, cleaned up some corrosion on spots and its currently getting treated and painted. All surface and cosmetic type stuff. Also got some plastic trim bits to cover some more seat track ends.

Got a few new rubber stoppers for doors too as they were missing

And what she's looking like now

Oh, sheepskin seat covers also went on, but there's no point taking a pic of that!

I have a replacement 2270kg towbar that I need to clean up and give a bit of a re-spray that might get bolted on tomorrow if I have the time.

Future plans otherwise- window tint, a roof rack, snorkel one day, and a suspension lift. All down the track.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

nice work.

Is the bash plate behind the front one standard?

I don't have one there. Might have to try and source one if so.
    '95 NJ GLS LWB 3.0Lt Auto, 3" Body lift, Bocar Bar , 2 x 55W 7" HIDs , PRM 8030 UHF , Snorkel.

Comment

Nice work.

Where did you source the door stops? Until your post I didn't even know they were missing on mine
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

the rear bash plate was there on the parents nl gls and also on my escape when they were both purchased, so yeah I imagine they are standard.

rubber stoppers came off a wreck down at a yard. Not sure how "universal" those kind of things are between different makes car. There were some on one of the pajs there so I grabbed them!
        '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

Getting there, was the bash plate a bit out ?
          Rick
          Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
          New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

the bash plate needed a bit of curve back into it as it was contacting the diff housing, and the straight edges at the front and back got a slight bend straightened. Little bits at a time with the vehicle weight, check, try a bit more etc got it fitting fairly well.

glad its on and protected now!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
              Bullbar and HIDs fitted. Lights are a bit big for the bar, I may fix this at some stage!
              Maybe remove that cross bar from the centre loop? Plenty of room then. Haha
              It'll match the escape!
              2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

thought about doing that, Tristan. However there's possibly not enough space on the flat part of the bumper section to mount them as the back of the lights might hit the grill.

the mounting tabs may be cut and placed lower on the crossbar.

job for another day!

Comment

Here's a few more pics that I've finally taken off the camera...

Nasty looking tie-downs!

Better looking tie-downs!!

High-beam only

High-beam and the new HID spotties (1x spot, 1x flood, not aimed)

My eyes hurt looking at them!

CB microphone mounted. Dad likes making brackets. The mouting clip is screwed into a block with some rubber backing, and the block is screwed thru into the original trim. No new holes in the car

Getting there. Next Melb trip will hopefully include getting out on some tracks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                    Nice work.

Where did you source the door stops? Until your post I didn't even know they were missing on mine
                    I ordered some from mitsu last week, here is what I ordered:

MI-MB321885 - DAMPER-RUBBER. You'll need 4 for a 5 door
                    MI-MB019730 - CUSHION-DOOR. You'll need 6 for a 5 door

$60 all up. Door close is a lot nicer and they don't rattle as much now.
                    1999 Pajero 2.8L TD 5Sp Manual
                    2003 Verada 3.5L 5SP Auto

Comment

Originally posted by mrmacomouto View Post
                      I ordered some from mitsu last week, here is what I ordered:

MI-MB321885 - DAMPER-RUBBER. You'll need 4 for a 5 door
                      MI-MB019730 - CUSHION-DOOR. You'll need 6 for a 5 door

$60 all up. Door close is a lot nicer and they don't rattle as much now.
                      Thanks for the info
                      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Looks great.

I've had mine for over 10 years now and I'm still either changing or adding things.
                        Great truck, you'll enjoy it, I still enjoy mine.

1999 NL 3.5l sohc Pajero SWB. Toughdog suspension, 265/75/16 Cooper ST-Maxx, Icom-400pro UHF, Codan HF, IPF lights, ARB bullbar with Aldi 9500 winch, Airtec snorkel, Diff breathers, Brown Davis tanks 150lt, Thule roof rack with customer basket with hi-lift jack and shovel on a Kaymar bracket and a Foxwing awning, Dual Yellow Optima Batteries & Piranha management system, 60l Waeco with customer drawer system.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X