o2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensor

Fuel economy has been terrible of late, figure it's about time to check things. Gonna check the oxy sensor first. How do you remove it? Do you undo the big nut in the side of the pipe that the sensor goes into or does it twist off separate to that?
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

That nut and sensor are one. Remove plug then undo it.
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

only undo the center nut as the large outer nut is no doubt the main threaded piece welded to the pipe. you might need to wd-40 spray to make it undo easier.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
        only undo the center nut as the large outer nut is no doubt the main threaded piece welded to the pipe. you might need to wd-40 spray to make it undo easier.
        ^ this

Some have a nut and some just have a small peice of thick wall tube that's notch cut welded on.
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
          Just had a look under mine...
          Are you saying some bungs (technical term for threaded bulk of material welded into pipe wall) are hexagonal or there may be a free spinning nut?
          Mine is fairly dirty at the moment but it would appear to be a circular bung, and the sensor has a hex outer casing.
          2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

No free spinning nut Tristan.
            The sensor itself has a hex outer.

Some exhausts have a nut welded on as a bung, and the rest use a proper cylindrical shape bung.
            The cylindrical shape bungs 9/10 are notch cut so they have the same shape as the pipe to lessen turbulance around the bung/bung hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post

Some exhausts have a nut welded on as a bung, and the rest use a proper cylindrical shape bung.
              The cylindrical shape bungs 9/10 are notch cut so they have the same shape as the pipe to lessen turbulance around the bung/bung hole.
              Cheers Pauly,
              The centre nut bit didn't gel with what I've seen before - just wanted to clarify! Also probably depends on your reference frame - I would say bung inner and sensor outer, but if you look from say the sensor axis - there may be a difference in diameters.

Barky - what are you thinking once you remove the sensor? Just replace it?

Cheers
              2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

Will show you tomorrow.
                Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
                  Will show you tomorrow.
                  How do you know I haven't done it already?

....who am I kidding rofl. Cheers mate. I'll catch you in the morning.
                  MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                  Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post

Bung hole turbulence is certainly something to avoid
                    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                      Bung hole turbulence is certainly something to avoid
                      Amen to that!
                      1995 NJ 3.5 DOHC GLX LWB|Uniden UHF|Bull Bar||Maxxis A/T 771/roof rack/awning

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X