Rear bumper corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear bumper corners

Wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to source and replace the corners on the rear bumper bar?

My RH one copped some carpark rash the other day. Been quoted over $900 to fix- they want to replace the whole bumper. I'm not going into why, other than to say they reckon its being claimed on insurance and I reckon they are trying to make more money that way!

I'll load a photo of the damage later (minor) as I can't do it from my phone right now. It's really only paint and some underlying cracks and the paint is going to disappear because of it down the track, so I kinda want it back the way it was considering I didn't do it!!

Am talking the silver bits you can see in the below photo
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

you should be able to fix these bar ends yourself. abit of wet and dry sandpaper / some auto filler / primmer undercoat spray can and a spray can of your pajero silver plus a spray can of clear laquer . total cost of all materilas would be no more than $50 max. yes there are many sharks out there these days just praying on guys that have insurance for repair works, not just automotive but home insurance as well. no bloody wonder our premiums are now so expensive.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

the piece has a "textured" finish. Sanding it back would lose that wouldn't it??

ill also try get some better pics showing the underlying cracks - they look like gelcoat type cracks.
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

its very easy to re apply that textured finish . buy a spray can of underbody black or grey [ made by sepatone ] this comes out of the spray can like a splatter which gives the look you want on this area. all lower sill areas are done this way.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X