Diagnostic Pajero Without a Scanner Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostic Pajero Without a Scanner Tools

Hello, this is my first post, am from Venezuela and I own a Montero/pajero Gen2 Engine 6g72 3.0 v6 Sohc i have a problem right now because i turn on the car and it starst fine but when i press de Gas Pedal turn off inmediatly and the Chek Engine Light turn on but i dont have a Scanner Tools to see What code is showing.

I read on Evoscan Site that if i link the Pin 1 to Pin 4/5 Ground and turn the Ignition on the Check Engine Light will blink showing me the error code. but when i do this nothing happens.

There is something worng whit my car or i just doin it worng and i need to link another pin. Iam thinking to buy Evoscan with the openport 1.3 cable but i need to wait till next year beause buying things in the exterior is dificult because economy problem on my country.

If anyone can help I will be very grateful.
    My Car is a Montero/pajero Gen2 engine 6G72 3.0 V6 Sohc Year 2006 (here sell this car till 2009 called Montero Dakar) and come with ODB2 Data Connector

Sorry For my English

Check MAF sensor is connected to air intake.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, roof racks otherwise stock as a rock.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
    Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.

Comment

Try following the instructions here using the 3.0L instructions (uses a test light/multimeter with the 3.0L NOT the check engine light). There's a video on there showing where to hook it up. This may be different to yours but if it's the same as the 3.0L here you'll be right. If it doesn't work, try the 3.5L method for good measure.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...057#post312057
      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
        Try following the instructions here using the 3.0L instructions (uses a test light/multimeter with the 3.0L NOT the check engine light). There's a video on there showing where to hook it up. This may be different to yours but if it's the same as the 3.0L here you'll be right. If it doesn't work, try the 3.5L method for good measure.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...057#post312057
        Yep, this is the way to do it
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

I test the MAF sensor and it works fine, i tested on another car.

i will try this on the weekend, my pajero have odb2 conector and up the conector have anoter, white wit just 1 pin but on the video i see 2 conector and he say to connect to pin 3 on the white but mine dont have that pin. my pajero have the driver seat on the right side

Comment

just because it has the right connector, there is no guarantee it has data.

Use the tried and tested methods.

LC

Comment

On the 3ltr you need to connect a test light to the single pin plug and earth or use a multimeter and connect one end to single pin and other to earth.
              The methods used in the link above do not work on the other I.e obd stryle plug earth on pin1 and cel flashes does not work on the 3ltr and the test light on single pin plug does not work on the 3.5litre.

Make sure car is off (take keys out if you ha e to) when connecting to the single pin plug and when disconnecting.
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Been there... First you should adjust the little screw that is on the throttle body. It adjust the butterfly. You have to use a 8 mm wrench and a phillip screwdriver. In Venezuela they sell us Paj SWB gen 2, from 1992 to 2009 with the 6g72, 3.0 lt 12valve engine. It's called Montero Dakar. Hope this help

Comment

Originally posted by Aaltuve View Post
                  Been there... First you should adjust the little screw that is on the throttle body. It adjust the butterfly. You have to use a 8 mm wrench and a phillip screwdriver. In Venezuela they sell us Paj SWB gen 2, from 1992 to 2009 with the 6g72, 3.0 lt 12valve engine. It's called Montero Dakar. Hope this help
                  This does not need to be touched. Very rarely does this even need checking, maybe once every few years.
                  His issue could most likely be throttle position sensor or maf if a check engine light is coming on and staying on because of a stall after going off idle. The idle switch is very sensitive in the tps and switches the moment you push on the pedal, it can be easily adjusted but if a cel shows tps fault then its buggered.
                  97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                  97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

i am thinking that is the TPS but i send my ECU to check if have something wrong and the give me on monday or thuesday and i will scan with a voltimeter if the problem continue

THX to all, As soon as i know the problem will post to everyone know for future.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X