Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super select issues.

new solenoids, brand new not s/h.
    in 2 wd the front diff lights come on. in 4wd, the lights flash then go off. im definatly in 4wd, but no lights. back to 2wd, the front lights flash, then stay on. and yes the pipes are on correctly. yellow stripe on the yellow dot, blue stripe on the blue dot. tearing my hair out.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...+select+issues.
    check this link out, it should help you
    Regards Peter
    And this one
    http://4wd.blogeasy.com/
    Last edited by peter92; 21-12-13, 09:06 PM. Reason: forgot some thing
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

I actually read that page. Doesn't address my issue. :-(

Comment

i am aware of the system and how its works.

Your issue is strange, I think you need to use a meter / testlight at the 4x4 ECU.

Looking for a change in state from 2H > 4H

TC Switch and Dog clutch are the two in question.

But. If one condition is met it should flash. (error state)

Its possible that the 4x4 ECU is unplugged slightly or something.

Had the stereo changed? or is the dog clutch working?

Was a write up here bypassing the super-select, was very logic based and could help.

LC

Comment

Sounds like the 4wd ecu is cactus or one or more of the switches are.

Do you have the fsm or manual to check the state of the switches at the 4wd ecu plug end?
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

The 4wd controller and aerial controller are next to each other , check both plugs.

Comment

the blogeasy link says the 4wd ecu is the blue box under the radio unit when you get into that area. The blur box in the shorty and parents gls was stamped being the aerial controller, and it seemed to be the white box instead that was the 4wd ecu..
              '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
              Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

Yes I have fitted a new stereo to it. I think it was doing that before I installed it but..

Comment

Dog clutch ? Whats that ? I have noticed in 4h that it slips and carries on. Not drivable. But it 4l and 2h its fine..

Comment

If it feels like it's slipping in 4hi and is fine in 2hi, 4hLc, 4lLc then your front diff isn't engaged.
                    This suggests to me that your 2wd/4wd switch could be faulty and needs inspecting.
                    If you check the negative wire of the solenoids for continuity to earth it should be continuity in 2wd and no connection in 4wd. Both solenoids need to be unplugged for this check.
                    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel

Comment

Does that mean when im in 4lo I am not actually in 4wd ? If my diff us not engaging ?
                      What

Comment

Originally posted by rudegeorge View Post
                        Does that mean when im in 4lo I am not actually in 4wd ? If my diff us not engaging ?
                        What
                        That's correct.

The centre diff does it's own thing with power split just like the front and rear diffs do.
                        In locked centre the front and rear prop shaft are at equal speed but if the front diff is not engaged then that speed goes to waste as the drivers side axle is free to spin seperate from the wheel therefore the passenger side won't recieve anything as it's an open diff and it will spin the easiest to turn axle.

Comment

What

Comment

Originally posted by rudegeorge View Post
                            What
                            Pretty sure I just answered that question mate.
                            In more dulled down terms. NO! You're only in 2wd with hubs unlocked in any 4wd selection.

Comment

Thanks Guys -- I have a couple of spare grease nipples so I'll have an experiment on the bench and see what works as far as engaging the coupling that I have. I might give the coupling a good soaking in wd-40 just in case the jaws are gummed up.

I've also seen accessory kits for grease guns, which have a range of exchange couplings for use in various situations. I gather most are getting by without such a kit?
                              Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X