Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing spark plugs on nl 1997

Hi
    Can anyone give me a step by step rundown on changing spark plugs on my NL pajero. I have a Haynes manual but the instructions I have been able to find are very basic. I think a photo is worth a thousand words when reading manuals, but it must be really expensive to print manuals with photos cause they don't seem to like doing it.

thanks Kc

If a good description could be found, it would make a worthy FAQ ( imho )
    1999 3.5 NL Exceed Auto, Adelaide, South Australia

Comment

All be a smart ass and say remove manifold, remove plugs, install new plugs, reinstall manifold and walla... good as new

Comment

Well 6g74,,,, you have believe it or not gone into more detail than I can find in the Haynes manual but you are still a long way short of the kind of detail I was looking for. have you got 5 minutes to spare and be more specific. I have even been looking at the manuals from the Russian site mentioned elsewhere on this site but still cant find any meaningful info there. Is this a plot against the do it your selfer??? Any help appreciated!!! as I dont want to go pulling things apart till I have an idea what I'm doing

thanks Kc

Comment

Well 6G74, I'll be a smarter arse. I assume you meant voila instead of walla - look it up!
          98 NL LWB with plenty on the wish list

Comment

you might be a "smarter arse" but can you change spark plugs on a NL??

Comment

Yep, sure can. Did it about a month ago. Do designers sit down and think "how can we make this harder than it needs to be?"

OK, I had a jibe at a guy's spelling. If I have offended anyone......
              98 NL LWB with plenty on the wish list

Comment

aaaaahhhhhhhhh

but still no one has answered the question..... in any detail at least!!!!!!!
                It appears even those who have achieved the unthinkable dare not tell how they have achieved it. Does one need to join a secret sect to be privy to this kind of information. When I have finally cracked this I think I will have a t shirt printed up with "behold a man who has changed the sparkplugs on a Nl pajero" lol

regards Kc

Comment

6G74 already explained all the steps; remove the manifold and you can access the spark plugs.

There are about 15 to 20 bolts of different sizes and you also have to unplug some wire sockets; if you worry that you can't put them back in order, use a digital camera to record every steps.

It took me an hour to remove the manifold but only 15 minutes to put things back.

BTW, NL uses Platinum plugs and you only change them once every 100K. I changed them after 110K and the old plugs looked almost perfect to me.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X