X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Conversion

Hi All
    I Have a 92 NH V6 5 spd Manual pajero.
    Im Interested in dropping in a commodore V6 and using the 5 speed Manual.
    Has anyone done anything similar, anyone dropped in a commodore V6 into a nh pajero.
    I asked Marks4wd Adaptors and this is what they say

(Unfortunately we do not have a conversion available to suit your particular model vehicle.
    Our conversions for the Pajero will only suit the 4cyl petrol and diesel models.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help to you.)

Can anyone help please..

Regards
    Jimako
    2013 MY13 VRX

My mechanic mate has said a few times that these conversions do not work well if you drive down steep angles. Apparently there is a chip somewhere which packs up if the angle is too great. Not a good thing if you in the middle of... where am I?
    New rig = 08 Patrol. Old rig = 3" lift, 31" Maxxis Big Horns, LWB NJ 3000. Stop laughing and hand me the shovel.

Comment

ring PAT GARDNER V6 CONVERSIONS

they do a conversion kit for the NH - I'm in the middle of doing one, converting from the 2.5 diesel.
      '93 NH GLX LWB - Snorkel - Cargo Barrier - 305/70/16's - Long Range Tank - 2" Body Lift - 2" Suspension Lift - Winch - Overhead console/UHF/Lots of Switches - Dual batts - Factory Rear Locker - Front Lokka - Rear drawers - Compressor & Air Tank - Engine Swap 3.8 VP Commodore v6

Comment

Still doesnt suit the 3ltr gearbox - and it wont be reliably strong enough. Mitsy wouldnt have gone to the trouble of making the diffs bigger, transfer case bigger, gear box bigger, and then having to lift the body to fit it all under to suit the 3.5 if they didnt have too...

Comment

Originally posted by NH-Mark View Post
          ring PAT GARDNER V6 CONVERSIONS

they do a conversion kit for the NH - I'm in the middle of doing one, converting from the 2.5 diesel.
          NH-Mark

You say your in the middle of doing a conversion, May i ask which engine your using ievn, vp, vr, vs, vt,) are you using the original sump or a modified one, also which engine mounts, are you using your original gearbox or changing to the commodore automatic..

Ive sent PAT GARDNER http://www.v6conversions.com.au/ an email but im still waiting for a reply..

Thanks Mark

Regards
          Jimako
          2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

jimako,

I am using the vp motor - I got my hands on a good one and at a good price, keeping the origional mitsu gearbox (manual). the vr would be nice but you have to get the bcm reprogrammed (extra $$). the vs and vt are really too expensive and have even more electronics and crap to figure out.

It is a modified sump, came in the kit. the old engine mounts are cut off and new ones (also in the kit) are welded to the frame.

the conversion has been quite easy so far... the engine is in and i am doing all the electrics/hoses/fuel etc at the moment. i am hoping to have it running by xmas but i won't hold my breath cause i'm really busy with work and home renovating.

one thing i would suggest is to do a 50mm body lift before putting the engine in. i wish i had. it will give you a lot more room to move.
            '93 NH GLX LWB - Snorkel - Cargo Barrier - 305/70/16's - Long Range Tank - 2" Body Lift - 2" Suspension Lift - Winch - Overhead console/UHF/Lots of Switches - Dual batts - Factory Rear Locker - Front Lokka - Rear drawers - Compressor & Air Tank - Engine Swap 3.8 VP Commodore v6

Comment

Thanks Mark
              Ive allready got the VT engine sitting in my garage at no cost to me, i just need to shave the heads and new gaskets. If i didnt have the motor i dont think i would be even looking at this option for a while. Im hoping i can get the conversion parts at a reasonable price, other parts like computer, engine accessory's im hoping to get cheap of ebay or wreckairs.
              Do you have an opproximate rundown of what cost you what $.
              And whats the deal with enginners certificate, as you are using a kit allready available for your conversion..

Thanks Mark

Regards
              Jim
              2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

price rundown...

kit $2300
                tacho interface $150
                engine + computer + loom + everything $700
                bits & pieces $100
                modify radiator + reco + low water sensor $130

i can get most small stuff (elec cable, hoses, clamps etc) free or for almost nothing (all new). my brother is in the industry and can get it for me.

still to buy - fuel pump + thermo fan, but i will get them cheap.

my brothers (former) boss is a holden wrecker (who i got the engine off) and he puts the v6 in old holdens as a side business. he knows a guy who will compliance it for $150 (in QLD)

nearly forgot.. the exhaust. need custom Y piece and a cat. dunno what that will cost, but my brother knows a guy in an exhaust shop.

Comment

HI Guys,
                  Does anybody have any input on this topic, as i am still anable to find anyone who supplies parts for this conversion..
                  Ive allready tried, Marks4wd Adaptors and PAT GARDNER V6 CONVERSIONS.. They cant help..

Thanks
                  2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

did Pat's v6 say why they can't help? what gearbox is in your paj? i think it should be the V5MT1 - same as mine.

Comment

Hi Mark
                      This is what they said.

(We have nothing available for the V6 Pajero at the moment as we haven't had one through the shop to do up a kit.)

I cant see what the major difference would be between the the V6 and the others, i think i am running the V5MT1.

All i really want is the engine mount kit and the adaptor to mate the V6 to the Gearbox and whatever else goes between the two.

Thanks
                      2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

the only thing i can think of is the clearance over the front diff. mine has the 7.25 inch diff and there is bugger all clearance between it and the new engine mount, which is right above it.

yours (i think) has the 8 inch front diff. what you need to find out is if the 8 inch diff sticks up any higher than the 7.25. other than that, i think it should fit.

Comment

Yep i think i am running the 8 inch diff, i wonder if thats the only reasoon?
                          2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

it could be, it all depends on how much more it sticks up - if any. I've been looking at this because I'm thinking of changing the front diff one day (to fit the arb locker). I think I might get it in but the edge of the engine mount and the top of the diff may require a little angle-grinder surgery

I will go to the wreckers one day and measure one up.

Comment

You may want to check out these places as well. http://www.dellowauto.com.auhttp://www.rodshop.com.au. They have both been around for years.
                              2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X