Removing Steering Pump Drive Belt - NH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Steering Pump Drive Belt - NH

I've got a 91 NH V6. I need to replace the Alternator drive belt but to do so I need to drop the air conditioner and PS pump drive belts. No problem with the a/c belt - it's got a tensioner, BUT no such luck with the power steering pump belt. I have managed to crack the front mounting bolt but I am having problems even locating the rear bolt. I have managed to get a finger onto what feels like a nut but because of the lack of access I haven't been able to confirm it. It would be impossible to get a socket drive down there and I haven't been able to get a ringy onto it. Has anybody out there been there and done that. Any help would be really appreciated. On a positive note, I'm glad I hit this problem at home before I head off. Gawd knows what I would have done if I was stuck half way between Giles and Laverton.

Cheers!!!
    oldJim

Hi There oldJim
    There is a bolt behind the pump, and yes its hard to get to.. There are also two bolts behind the pump pulley.

Try removing the stone guards from underneath and you might be able to see it, you just need to loosen it a bit. Ive done mine from under the bonnet..

Regards
    Jimako
    2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

Problem Sorted!

Thanks Jimako,

I did have the stone guard off but wasn't getting any joy. Got back under this morning and found I had cracked the wrong bolt at the front of the unit so I cracked the right one which ran through the nut that I mentioned in my original post. Then determined there were two mounting bolts at the rear of the unit going into the block. Cracked them and hey presto! - one loose unit which allowed me to remove the drive belt.
      Just as well I did the job at home, I found the aircon drive belt that the guy from the local auto shop had given me based on his catalogue was way too small.

Cheers!!!
      oldJim

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X