Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what oil to use

Howdy all,

I'm new to list and also new to the Pajero.

Got myself a 1993 NJ V6 3000 5speed Pajero for $400 and am getting ready for rego.

It's got 300,000 ks on the clock, and I was just wondering what the best oil to use would be.........?????

I was thinking of using Havoline Premium 20W50 SL/CF, will this be all right or should I use something else?

Cheers.............
    1993 NJ LWB 3.0ltr Manual. Maxxis BigHorns 32x11.5x15. UHF. Roof rack. Spotties. Home made rear shelf.
    Dual Batteries with RedArc and home made battery tray. Home made mud flaps. Winch.

It depends if your engine has been previously re-conditioned. If it's the original my bet is it's blowing smoke and probably close to it's last legs, if thats the case use a quality "heavier" oil. It provides better protection for older engines. If it's a new engine use a lighter blended oil. I use penzoil 15w 40 SUV and the paj loves it. zero consumption and no vavle noises ever! about $30 for 5 litres.
    UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
    $6500

Comment

Hi Guys
      Is Penzoil the same as Penrite? I had an lpg falcon years ago and only ran Penrite in it. It went for 250000kms and I sold it. It was great oil. Do the Paj's engines have a preference for a type of oil? Mine is a 3 litre v6 in an NJ

Comment

Penrite and penzoil are 2 different brands. From memory penrite is Australian owned made where Penzoil is american
        UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
        $6500

Comment

hey bud just read you query on oil ? I'm new to club! I,ve got 94 NJ paj
          got 430000 on clock running like a dream . Just did oil change and
          used PROMA oil additive , no noise or ticks .

Comment

On the subject of oil, I am also a new owner of Paj 94 LWB NJ, can I use Castro Magnatec 10-40W? Mine 220K km.

Comment

when i had my NH v6 3 ltr, the best oil that really helped quieten the lifters was the Penzoil 15 w - 40.
              NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X