NJ Tachometer FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Tachometer FIXED!

Hi, just thought to share this info to any who have a dead tachometer or tachometer problems. The noise filter was the culprit for me. I had planned on replacing it with one from the wreckers but had just 'not got around to it' (for 2 years) because I wasn't SURE this was the issue. Until this morning.

I realised that the best way to check was to bridge the wire going in, to the wires coming out (one goes to tachometer and the other to the ECU).

THEN I realised that the plugs are compatible, so I just plugged them in to each other and WHAM BAM. Working tacho. Who needs the noise filter anyway right?

Only if your getting engine static noise coming through your radio.
    Nm exceed twin tanks,genie extractors,sports exhaust,
    Ko2 all terrain, uhf radio, twin battery,arb bullbar,light bar.

More to come soon

Comment

I have an "issue" that when i set the indicator, all the lights on tacho are blinking with the same timing of the indicator... You think could be because of that filter? Where is it located eventually?

Comment

no could be a bad earth somewhere if you have a tow bar check the trailer plug wires for damage.
        Nm exceed twin tanks,genie extractors,sports exhaust,
        Ko2 all terrain, uhf radio, twin battery,arb bullbar,light bar.

More to come soon

Comment

check the wiring on the back of the tacho/cluster most likely a bad earth track or wire in the plug - pretty sure all the lights on the dash cluster have a common earth
          1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
          *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
          1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back AND 8 PSI of BOOOOOST

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans

Comment

Already done both things you said guys....anyway....it's not a big problem...

Lights are just fading a liiiiiiiittle bit.....so i was more curious than up to check it...ahahahah

btw, where is that filter/plugs indeed?

Comment

located on the same mounting plate as the igniter. Above the intake plenum.

Comment

I know this is a bit of a thread dig, but would it be possible for someone to either post here or PM me some more pics of the wiring for the tacho and where it goes?
                I recently picked up a 92 NH and the brown wire in mine has snapped and I dont know where it was supposed to go. I did what was pictured above and the tacho now works, but I'd like to fix it properly.

Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X