Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 pajero with dash board problem

Hello everybody

I own a 93 pajero, currently my pajero is making some noises from the dashboard area, can I ask has anyone been through some similar prolem?

George

can you specify on the noises? rattling?

older cars usually rattle and make noises behind the dash as they age and things start loosening up ( or coming undone)

I'm lucky in this area, 330k and not a single noise

though try to listen where the noise is coming from and start dismantling the dash near that location.
    UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
    $6500

Comment

Could be the speedo cable that comes from the gear box. It dries out and makes a noise. An indication of the bad cable is a jerky needle. Pull the dash out and pour a light machine oil down the cable. This fixed mine two years ago.

Comment

G'day Bounceferret, Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Hi Gavin, I will try to fit it with your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
            Could be the speedo cable that comes from the gear box. It dries out and makes a noise. An indication of the bad cable is a jerky needle. Pull the dash out and pour a light machine oil down the cable. This fixed mine two years ago.
            Think the NJ model were electronic speedo, so no cable.
            NH models had cable.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

damn NH and their stupuid speedo cable! nothing but trouble!

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
              $6500

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post

how on earth did you manage to remove the white plastic socket that attaches to the dash from the end of the speedo cable? i can't for the life of me get it off, I see 2 plastic release tabs on the inside but nothing happens when they are pushed in.

$6500

Comment

how do you get this off?

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...1&d=1188700236
                  Attached Files

$6500

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X